ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

more or less than 3 years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

canadian86
Newly Registered
Canada

more or less than 3 years

Post by canadian86 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:54 pm

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

I'm looking into renewing my Tier 2 visa, and on the website I only see two options '"Up to 3 years" or "more than 3 years". Is there such thing as a one or two year Tier 2 visa renewal?

My wife and I are both Canadian and we are about to have a baby next month. I assume the baby will also need a dependent visa as well or is there some type of 1 year grace period?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: more or less than 3 years

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:02 pm

How long your extension is valid for depends on the length of the CoS. If the CoS is for 2 years, then that is what you get in visa validity but you apply for the 'up to 3 years' option. If your CoS is for 4 years, then it is 'more than 3 years' option.

You cannot choose a lesser time of visa than the CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: more or less than 3 years

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:04 pm

The child does not require a visa unless traveling out of the UK or if you were closer to ILR and planned on registering the child as British, as previously advised.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/havi ... l#p1561900

Free NHS use after the baby is 3 months old might also be an issue if the child doesn't hold a visa but this wont affect the citizenship application if the child is born in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.