ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Postal premium upgrade guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S3TM
United Kingdom

Re: Postal premium upgrade guidance

Post by S3TM » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:07 pm

988lance wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:21 pm
I have tried since 2nd of Oct every chance 8:00:00..Still trying... I am able to track if my email has been read or not.. so far none of the emails has been opened..suggests the service is somehow on-hold...I believe this maybe something to do with the new service to be up and running by 5th of Nov... I think there will be an official update on the UKVI website this Friday... let's wait and see...
general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvi-digit ... 44-20.html
Now that the new service is in place. Does anyone have anymore information on how to apply for postal premium upgrade for applications already sent to HO. Is it the same process? I read on facebook that its £459 for upgrade, it was £477. Not sure how true this is as I've googled it and cant find anything. :?: :?:

988lance
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 988lance » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm

S3TM wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:07 pm
988lance wrote:
I have tried since 2nd of Oct every chance 8:00:00..Still trying... I am able to track if my email has been read or not.. so far none of the emails has been opened..suggests the service is somehow on-hold...I believe this maybe something to do with the new service to be up and running by 5th of Nov... I think there will be an official update on the UKVI website this Friday... let's wait and see...
Now that the new service is in place. Does anyone have anymore information on how to apply for postal premium upgrade for applications already sent to HO. Is it the same process? I read on facebook that its £459 for upgrade, it was £477. Not sure how true this is as I've googled it and cant find anything. :?: :?:
Well. HO just published the detailed guidelines about the new services..However, How the Upgrade of applications already made will be processed is still unclear... Apart from keep trying, there is really no other ways (if you dont want to withdraw)..I do want to point out.. The previous version of upgrade request forms was named "postal transfer to premium service", the latest forms were named "postal transfer to priority service".. so suggests the upgrade service will be part of the new service...which is promising...

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:15 pm

988lance wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:34 pm
S3TM wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:07 pm
988lance wrote:
Well. HO just published the detailed guidelines about the new services..However, How the Upgrade of applications already made will be processed is still unclear... Apart from keep trying, there is really no other ways (if you dont want to withdraw)..I do want to point out.. The previous version of upgrade request forms was named "postal transfer to premium service", the latest forms were named "postal transfer to priority service".. so suggests the upgrade service will be part of the new service...which is promising...
Could you please post a link to where you read this or where this new service is available? Thank you.

crawfs
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by crawfs » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:06 am

Has anyone had any luck with this recently?

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:05 pm

I haven't read on successful upgrades for a while and I'm going to give up.

I think it's a waste of time. Think i'll just save myself £477

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

I was recently notified I am eligible for an upgrade etc but I haven't heard back since.

S3TM
United Kingdom

Post by S3TM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am

groot05 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm
I was recently notified I am eligible for an upgrade etc but I haven't heard back since.
When did you receive this email? Was it recently?

What time did you send the email?

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:14 am

S3TM wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:52 am
groot05 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm
When did you receive this email? Was it recently?

What time did you send the email?
I received the email last Monday. No further communications since then.
I sent the email request last Monday at approximately 7:59:57.
Good luck.

nishanttaluja
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nishanttaluja » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm

I received the eligible for premium upgrade email on 20th Oct but have heard nothing since. It's been over 4 weeks now. I have sent them so many emails still no response. This premium upgrade service really poor. No communication at all.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am

Hello there
I have also sent the request for upgrade on Monday (19 Nov) but still haven't received any reply from them yet.
I am sending them again tomorrow (20 Nov). I applied for ILR by post on 22 Oct and got biometrics letter on 16 Nov which I already enrolled on same day.
Please do share if you get any reply from them. They are closing this service on 22 November.

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:34 am

nishanttaluja wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:50 pm
I received the eligible for premium upgrade email on 20th Oct but have heard nothing since. It's been over 4 weeks now. I have sent them so many emails still no response. This premium upgrade service really poor. No communication at all.
nishanttaluja, I'm sorry to hear that. What category of ILR did you apply for?
umair2017 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am
Hello there
I have also sent the request for upgrade on Monday (19 Nov) but still haven't received any reply from them yet.
I am sending them again tomorrow (20 Nov). I applied for ILR by post on 22 Oct and got biometrics letter on 16 Nov which I already enrolled on same day.
Please do share if you get any reply from them. They are closing this service on 22 November.
Umair 2017, Thank you for sharing that info. Could you please share your source of information regarding the closure Premium Upgrade service on the 22nd Nov?
I am aware they are closing the Premium Service Centers on the 29th of November.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-cont ... erpack.pdf

nishanttaluja
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nishanttaluja » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:06 pm

groot05 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:34 am
nishanttaluja wrote:
My application is under Tier 2 General 5 year route SET(O). I am not aware they are closing this service from 22nd November. Please share if you have any further information umair2017.

ssathyr have you heard anything from them yet?

Fuunbenz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fuunbenz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:52 pm

After trying for 3 weeks, today my application has been provisionally accepted for the upgrade to the premium service. I sent my email at around 7:59:30am. I hope they process my application within 5 working days as it says in their email.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:50 pm

groot05 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:34 am
nishanttaluja wrote:
umair2017 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:39 am
Hello there
Umair 2017, Thank you for sharing that info. Could you please share your source of information regarding the closure Premium Upgrade service on the 22nd Nov?
I am aware they are closing the Premium Service Centers on the 29th of November.
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-cont ... erpack.pdf

Hi there
The postal to premium upgrade service is closing on 22 Nov, as on the homeoffice website https://www.gov.uk/faster-reply-visa-application

nishanttaluja
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nishanttaluja » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:09 pm

That is really sad news. They must be dealing with old applications and hence our application has still remained in queue. What is the option now?

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:46 pm

i think they will no longer accept the premium upgrade request, its not worth trying because there has to be some kind of response. i dont know how long its gonna take for the application. i have been waiting over 2 months now. everything was in place. submitted more than what was required

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:50 pm

nishanttaluja wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:09 pm
That is really sad news. They must be dealing with old applications and hence our application has still remained in queue. What is the option now?
i think we have no choice but to wait. i dont understand what takes them to drag these application this long. dont know what they do once they receive application

groot05
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by groot05 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm

nishanttaluja wrote:
If it doesn't cost you anything and you have nothing to loose by trying, keep trying.

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:29 pm

groot05 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:04 pm
nishanttaluja wrote:
If it doesn't cost you anything and you have nothing to loose by trying, keep trying.
Yeah we can do but I still dont understand what are the issues that causing this delay for them to make a decision. is there any way we can bring this issue to caseworker? where he/she can look into application faster? :D :lol:

ecanadia
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by ecanadia » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm

I have been reading the forum for a while now and I thought I would share a little bit of info about my postal upgrade application. I have been applying for an upgrade for the last couple of weeks and this morning I received a response which read.

Unfortunately we are unable to accept your request as it is already with a case working team who are about to make a decsion(their spelling error which indicates a real person might have wrote this) on your case which you should receive in due course.

Kind regards

Premium Upgrade Team

I have been feeling quite discouraged like many on here with the lack of progress, so I thought this might be a sign of hope.

My original postal application was received by the HO on Aug 21st applying in the SET(M) category.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm

nishanttaluja wrote:
No option for postal applications. That is really sad and painful situation.

umair2017

Post by umair2017 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 pm

ecanadia wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm
I have been reading the forum for a while now and I thought I would share a little bit of info about my postal upgrade application. I have been applying for an upgrade for the last couple of weeks and this morning I received a response which read.

Unfortunately we are unable to accept your request as it is already with a case working team who are about to make a decsion(their spelling error which indicates a real person might have wrote this) on your case which you should receive in due course.

Kind regards

Premium Upgrade Team

I have been feeling quite discouraged like many on here with the lack of progress, so I thought this might be a sign of hope.

My original postal application was received by the HO on Aug 21st applying in the SET(M) category.
I have been trying to upgrade since monday, but as tomorrow is last day to send them email, I will just try for one last time. Otherwise then no option apart from waiting.

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 am

Fuunbenz wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:52 pm
After trying for 3 weeks, today my application has been provisionally accepted for the upgrade to the premium service. I sent my email at around 7:59:30am. I hope they process my application within 5 working days as it says in their email.
Any news Fuunbenz? now we just got to wait as no response from UKVI and mine was postal application

Fuunbenz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fuunbenz » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 pm

faruk1989 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 am
Fuunbenz wrote:
Any news Fuunbenz? now we just got to wait as no response from UKVI and mine was postal application
No, haven't received any response until now :|

tii051
United Kingdom

Post by tii051 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:36 am

Fuunbenz wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:37 pm
faruk1989 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:44 am
Fuunbenz wrote:
No, haven't received any response until now :|
I got confirmation of provisionally accepted on 16th Nov and that the application being transferred to Liverpool. Haven't heard anything else since. And now they have closed the department so can't contact them either.