ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit/visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hellycasey
Newly Registered
Ireland

Work permit/visa

Post by Hellycasey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 am

Can anyone advise me please,
I came from Turkey to Ireland in Feb this year. Studied an English course, got a job offer in July & applied for a work permit. Employer got tired waiting for the permit so withdrew his application. Got another job with a good salary but the new permit was refused because my mechanical engineering qualification had nothing to do with the job criteria. I'm in a relationship with an Irish citizen but we can't get married at present. My question is this.... Should I appeal the refusal job or go for a defacto visa. All will take another good few months and My problem is that my visa runs out on the 31st DEC. I've got onto the emigration for to get an extension on my visa but they said just to wait until the middle of December then enquire. I find no matter what road I turn I keep getting rejected on stupid grounds. I'm losing my faith in the whole Irish system. Any advice on what I do from here? My girlfriend has been my rock through all this and is such fantastic support but I see she's exhausted from all this.
What do I do
Ken

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Work permit/visa

Post by max307 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Hellycasey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:16 am
Can anyone advise me please,
I came from Turkey to Ireland in Feb this year. Studied an English course, got a job offer in July & applied for a work permit. Employer got tired waiting for the permit so withdrew his application. Got another job with a good salary but the new permit was refused because my mechanical engineering qualification had nothing to do with the job criteria. I'm in a relationship with an Irish citizen but we can't get married at present. My question is this.... Should I appeal the refusal job or go for a defacto visa. All will take another good few months and My problem is that my visa runs out on the 31st DEC. I've got onto the emigration for to get an extension on my visa but they said just to wait until the middle of December then enquire. I find no matter what road I turn I keep getting rejected on stupid grounds. I'm losing my faith in the whole Irish system. Any advice on what I do from here? My girlfriend has been my rock through all this and is such fantastic support but I see she's exhausted from all this.
What do I do
Ken
I'm assuming your relationship started after February, 2018 when you moved here. You could apply for a De Facto Relationship with an Irish National visa but it's highly likely that the application will be refused because you don't meet the main requirement - cohabitation for at least two years. i.e. the couple must be able to show that they have been living together for at least two years immediately prior to the date of application.

On a positive note if you apply for a De Facto Relationship with an Irish National visa it will buy you time and you won't be illegally in the country because while the application is processed you will be protected, they might even issue you a temporary Stamp 4 that will allow you to work legally in Ireland without a work permit.

If you are in a genuine relationship and have documents (lots!!!) to prove it then there a slim chance that the application will be approved. I don't want to get your hopes up but there is always a chance.

You said your current visa is expiring at the end of December, 2018 so regardless the way you plan to tackle this issue you have to do it now because you're running out of time.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Hellycasey
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Hellycasey » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 am

Thanks for your reply. I have just one question. If I reappeal the work permit can I stay past my visa expiry date if I ask immigration permission to stay while this is being in process. I did email them already and they were very ignorant in their reply and really didn't give me an answer.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Hellycasey wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:38 am
Thanks for your reply. I have just one question. If I reappeal the work permit can I stay past my visa expiry date if I ask immigration permission to stay while this is being in process. I did email them already and they were very ignorant in their reply and really didn't give me an answer.
I'm not entirely sure about that and to be honest I wouldn't risk it because technically you should leave the country before your visa expires unless you have an application pending - most likely residence based applications.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.