ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application for extension to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jaxter8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Online application for extension to spouse visa

Post by Jaxter8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi,

I am having some difficulty with the online application for extension of my wifes visa. She has been here since 2016 and is now applying for her first extension.

There are some questions which seem nonsensical to me, and I can't move on until I answer them. They are asking for details of my uk based children's background, both of whom are over 18. They are asking me to obtain utility bills from the mothers of my two children to prove they their address. This despite my one of my sons being 42 years old and living on his own. I haven't got this far yet, but I'm expecting them to ask me for passport details and where they have travelled in their life. Why do they ask this of children whom are not technically dependant on me?

Is there another form I can use rather than online, even though I meet the requirement for online application. The FLR forms I have seen do not appear to go into this level of detail.

I'd be grateful if any one could clarify.

Thanks very much

Jaxter8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Online application for extension to spouse visa

Post by Jaxter8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Just noticed that they are also asking for birth certificates of both parents of my non applying UK children.

Jaxter8
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jaxter8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:51 pm

My ex is adamantly refusing to provide information as she sees it as an invasion of privacy. I tend to agree with her,we've been divorced for over 30 years!

Do you think I should tick the box which says I will supply what they require, and then do a letter explaining things? This is a tough ask by the home office for a lot of divorced people I would think.

I could supply copies of my childrens birth certificates showing the names of both parents, and could even offer an address. However, there is no way I can can get my ex's birth certificate or a utility bill. I can't see how this would jeopardise my wifes extension, as we meet all the other major requirements.

Lana85
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Lana85 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello Jaxter8,

I'm in a similar situation, my ex won't provide anything from their list and some questions just seem wrong...can you please kindly advice what you did in your situation?

Thanks in advance