ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr refused! Given 10 year option

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ali_rfc
Newly Registered
Scotland

Ilr refused! Given 10 year option

Post by Ali_rfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me please. My wife’s ilr was refused and we were given 10 year option with no right to appeal. They said 3 payments were missing from my statement.

I am wondering if I meet financial requirements am I able to apply again for ilr in 6 months time.

Thanks

learner29
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr refused! Given 10 year option

Post by learner29 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Could you be more clearer and please give details of your miigration history if you want someone to help you. My ILR 10 years long residence application was refused and was given an appeal right. My appeal was allowed last week. If there are discrepancies in payments, there is a very good chance of refusal if you go on other route.

Ali_rfc
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Ali_rfc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi yes, we’ll basically it’s for my wife, we are both working for my father. When we went to the premium center they asked for more information such as company tax returns and bank statements.

We had originally brought 6 months bank statements and payslips. When I took all the requested information they noticed 3 wage payments hadn’t been made, so basically didn’t meet the £18,900 and on this basis they refused. And gave the 10 year option on the basis we pay another £500 nhs. Once this is paid they will grant her a further 2 1/2 years

Now I’m not sure is. The previous 5 years she has stayed in uk, have they been discarded and she will need to do another 10 years.

Or am I able to show for eg in another 6 months that I now meet the requirement and apply for ilr.

Or will I need to go back to the 5 year route.

It doesn’t explain this in letter. All it says is no right to appeal against this decision

learner29
United Kingdom

Post by learner29 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Ali_rfc wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 pm
Hi yes, we’ll basically it’s for my wife, we are both working for my father. When we went to the premium center they asked for more information such as company tax returns and bank statements.

We had originally brought 6 months bank statements and payslips. When I took all the requested information they noticed 3 wage payments hadn’t been made, so basically didn’t meet the £18,900 and on this basis they refused. And gave the 10 year option on the basis we pay another £500 nhs. Once this is paid they will grant her a further 2 1/2 years

Now I’m not sure is. The previous 5 years she has stayed in uk, have they been discarded and she will need to do another 10 years.

Or am I able to show for eg in another 6 months that I now meet the requirement and apply for ilr.

Or will I need to go back to the 5 year route.

It doesn’t explain this in letter. All it says is no right to appeal against this decision
1). The previous 5 years she has stayed in uk, have they been discarded

Yes, I think so.

2). Or am I able to show for eg in another 6 months that I now meet the requirement and apply for ilr.

No, you can not apply for ILR after 6 months. Once you show the 6 months required payments, you can again apply to get back on the 5 years route. After 5 years, you can again apply for ILR, provided you at the time of application also meet the £18,500 requirement.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:25 am

If you are able to provide the 3 missing statements, then the caseworker should have given you the time and opportunity to produce them. Then ask for a reconsideration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HONDAKKJ
Newly Registered

Post by HONDAKKJ » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Can you please explain what is that 10 year option after your ILR was refused?

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:57 pm

You provided tax returns and bank statements of the company you both work for?