ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received non-straightforward email for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

randomhero
Newly Registered

Re: Received non-straightforward email for spouse visa

Post by randomhero » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Hello , Was it a priority applications ? and in which country the application was made?

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:51 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:44 pm
kraza96 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm
I received a call an hour ago from the Home Office, asking mainly about my employment. I received this call in my last application too, and I think it went good. Thankfully, I didn’t answer anything wrong. The call lasted 21 minutes, and the guy seemed nice enough. My employer received a call straight after I did, and he also said that it went well. Also, the guy doing the interview said that it’s the final stage of the application. I’m so nervous!! The interview went well, but I still can’t help but be nervous. Fingers crossed. It can literally be any day now...
Hi could u tell what questions they asked on phone? how long u got call from your online application?

also did u apply using 2 or 1 job?

im nervous about my application?
Hi! I too was so nervous, but thankfully I answered every question confidently. And I knew what kind of questions they were going to ask, as they called in our first application too. I applied using 1 job, and the call was 21 minutes long. The guy who did the interview actually seemed nice, not rude at all! Which made me feel better. These are most the questions they asked:

Full name
Date of birth
What type of visa
Husband’s name
Husband’s date of birth
Date of our wedding
Company name
Name of employer, whether or not he’s the director of the company
Job title
Timings of the day eg mine was 9:30 - 5:30
How many hours you work per week
Do you work weekends?
Bonus?
How you found out about the job? E.g. through reference
Is the employer your relative?
Is the employer husband’s relative?
When do you get paid?
How do you get paid?
Salary before and after taxes
Hourly? Monthly?
Job responsibilities
Qualifications for job
How many people work for the company in total?
Why were you suitable for the job?
Description of the building, commercial or residential, doors and windows. Colour of building
Other properties around and opposite the building you work in
What floor you work on
When were you last at work?
When will you be at work next?

I was actually off work today, due to illness. I started stressing badly when I saw that I was being called by No Caller ID. I just knew it was them. But the guy was nice, so it went well. I answered everything correctly, and my answers match those of my employer thankfully.
Just waiting now....

Don’t stress out! Honestly, don’t! Because when/if they call, you’ll be really tense and it won’t go well. Just know everything there is to know about your job, and you’ll be fine. Good luck!

This is my timeline so far. This is my second application, which is why they called as they told me over the call.

Online application: 2 Oct 2018
Biometrics/passport submission: 9 Oct 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield: 10 Oct 2018
Documents received back near the end of October
I received a non-straightforward email nearly 2 weeks ago.
Call from UKVI to sponsor: 22 Nov 2018
Call from UKVI to employer: 22 Nov 2018

Now let’s see how long they take!
thanks for your reply..this is our 2nd application and i want to get this right to get our visa because we waited very long.
Im using 2 jobs and savings to financial requirement.

Main thing im worried about the one of my boss..he english not good..if they ask him interview him and question him and he doesnt understand and give wrong anwser, will this cause for a refusal?

also do they call in last stages or early? i applied on 8 october 2018, biometeris 10 october 2018 and we got email from ECO saying they consideration our application.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 pm

randomhero wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:04 pm
Hello , Was it a priority applications ? and in which country the application was made?
Hey, I did pay for priority, but I don’t think they took that into account because it’s my second application. My case is not straightforward because this is our second application, and this is the sixth week after biometrics.

I’m from Birmingham, England, and my husband lives in Islamabad, Pakistan.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:36 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 pm
kraza96 wrote:
uddin000 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:23 pm
I received a call an hour ago from the Home Office, asking mainly about my employment. I received this call in my last application too, and I think it went good. Thankfully, I didn’t answer anything wrong. The call lasted 21 minutes, and the guy seemed nice enough. My employer received a call straight after I did, and he also said that it went well. Also, the guy doing the interview said that it’s the final stage of the application. I’m so nervous!! The interview went well, but I still can’t help but be nervous. Fingers crossed. It can literally be any day now...
Hi could u tell what questions they asked on phone? how long u got call from your online application?

Hi! I too was so nervous, but thankfully I answered every question confidently. And I knew what kind of questions they were going to ask, as they called in our first application too. I applied using 1 job, and the call was 21 minutes long. The guy who did the interview actually seemed nice, not rude at all! Which made me feel better. These are most the questions they asked:

Full name
Date of birth
What type of visa
Husband’s name
Husband’s date of birth
Date of our wedding
Company name
Job title
Do you work weekends?
Bonus?
When do you get paid?
How do you get paid?
Hourly? Monthly?
Job responsibilities
Qualifications for job
Description of the building, commercial or residential, doors and windows. Colour of building
What floor you work on

I was actually off work today, due to illness. I started stressing badly when I saw that I was being called by No Caller ID. I just knew it was them. But the guy was nice, so it went well. I answered everything correctly, and my answers match those of my employer thankfully.
Just waiting now....

Don’t stress out! Honestly, don’t! Because when/if they call, you’ll be really tense and it won’t go well. Just know everything there is to know about your job, and you’ll be fine. Good luck!

This is my timeline so far. This is my second application, which is why they called as they told me over the call.

thanks for your reply..this is our 2nd application and i want to get this right to get our visa because we waited very long.

Main thing im worried about the one of my boss..he english not good..if they ask him interview him and question him and he doesnt understand and give wrong anwser, will this cause for a refusal?

also do they call in last stages or early? i applied on 8 october 2018, biometeris 10 october 2018 and we got email from ECO saying they consideration our application.
Aww, it’s our second application too. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you get refused?
If you have two jobs and also savings, you should be fine! Maybe you won’t even get an interview!

Don’t be worried about your boss, it should be fine. Perhaps they will talk in a different language, if he can’t speak English well? Usually, they wouldn’t refuse just because of that. It’s due to a number of reasons.

Your biometrics were a day after ours then, our timelines are very similar! It probably means you’ll get a call soon too so keep an eye out! Did you apply using priority? And I asked the man who conducted my interview, he said the interview usually happens in the last stages of the application. Where are you applying from?

Good luck!

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:47 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:36 pm
uddin000 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:
uddin000 wrote:

Full name
Date of birth
What type of visa
Husband’s name
Husband’s date of birth
Date of our wedding
Company name
Job title
Do you work weekends?
Bonus?
When do you get paid?
How do you get paid?
Hourly? Monthly?
Job responsibilities
Qualifications for job
What floor you work on

Just waiting now....

Aww, it’s our second application too. If you don’t mind me asking, why did you get refused?
If you have two jobs and also savings, you should be fine! Maybe you won’t even get an interview!

Don’t be worried about your boss, it should be fine. Perhaps they will talk in a different language, if he can’t speak English well? Usually, they wouldn’t refuse just because of that. It’s due to a number of reasons.

Your biometrics were a day after ours then, our timelines are very similar! It probably means you’ll get a call soon too so keep an eye out! Did you apply using priority? And I asked the man who conducted my interview, he said the interview usually happens in the last stages of the application. Where are you applying from?

Good luck!
i am praying we dont get inteview..we applied non priority..visa is for wife in bangladesh. i am UK sponsor.

first application was refused they did not accept our employment.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 pm

uddin000 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:47 pm
kraza96 wrote:
uddin000 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:

Full name
Date of birth
What type of visa
Husband’s name
Husband’s date of birth
Date of our wedding
Company name
Job title
Do you work weekends?
Bonus?
When do you get paid?
How do you get paid?
Hourly? Monthly?
Job responsibilities
Qualifications for job
What floor you work on

Just waiting now....

Good luck!
i am praying we dont get inteview..we applied non priority..visa is for wife in bangladesh. i am UK sponsor.

Yes, pray that you don’t get it haha. But if you do get it, I see it as a good sign because it’s for verification.

Why didn’t they accept your employment? Our first application was refused because I forgot to send the Appendix 2 form as part of the bundle. Stupid mistake, I know, but I’ve definity learnt from it!

InshaAllah you’ll get the visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Maybe you are working in a family business.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:33 pm
Maybe you are working in a family business.
no it wasnt a family business..

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:52 pm
uddin000 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:47 pm
kraza96 wrote:
uddin000 wrote:

Good luck!

Yes, pray that you don’t get it haha. But if you do get it, I see it as a good sign because it’s for verification.

Why didn’t they accept your employment? Our first application was refused because I forgot to send the Appendix 2 form as part of the bundle. Stupid mistake, I know, but I’ve definity learnt from it!

InshaAllah you’ll get the visa.
thanks for ur advice..

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 am

I'm stressing out SO much. Just an hour ago, my husband received a text message saying "The processed visa application for GWF********* was received on 11/27/2018." This means that his passport has been received at Gerry's Islamabad. Oh, god. I feel like I'm going to be sick. How did this happen so quickly, after their call interview which was only on Thursday?! Does that mean they made their decision the same day, or on Friday?
Someone help!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Probably on the same day. InshaAllah you receive passport with the visa.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm
Thank you so much! My husband got the visa this morning. :D :D

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 pm

Alhamdulilah great news - enjoy the feeling of relief

Sabah aqeel
United Kingdom

Post by Sabah aqeel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:50 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm
Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Congratulations! Ive applied for my hubbys visa to using piorty hope i dont get the interview call InShaAllah, however im stressing as ny 5th month payslip has a slight error☹ it shows £112 more on the years to date, and when u add up payslip 1 to 5
It shows £112 less on the monthly gross on 5th month payslip however payslips 1 to 6 i am meeting the finiancial requirements either way... InShaAllah its a good and positive out come for us pray for us please and i pray everyone awaiting a decision has a positive outcome inShaAllah

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am

kraza96 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi Kraza96,

Did your husband receive a call from HO or local High commission as well? Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 am

High commissions no longer issue settlement visas, call would be from sheffield

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:04 am

The call he received is from local high commission and he verified the number with the number on their website. The person on the phone said they are calling from high commsion. The time of the call and the interview time is around 7:30 A.m. in UK.

uddin000
United Kingdom

Post by uddin000 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:59 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 am
I'm stressing out SO much. Just an hour ago, my husband received a text message saying "The processed visa application for GWF********* was received on 11/27/2018." This means that his passport has been received at Gerry's Islamabad. Oh, god. I feel like I'm going to be sick. How did this happen so quickly, after their call interview which was only on Thursday?! Does that mean they made their decision the same day, or on Friday?
Someone help!
Hi i had telephone interview last friday..interview lasted 20 min and interview with employer lasted 1 hour.

im worried now what will happen..i tried my best to answer question but maybe i got few wrong. will this affect our application?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 am

No one knows make dua and have sabr not else you can do