ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should I expect? SET(M) Additional info request from the Home Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karamaka6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What should I expect? SET(M) Additional info request from the Home Office

Post by Karamaka6 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi all,
I applied for my ILR end of August, did my biometrics almost three weeks later. A week ago, I got a letter from the Home Office asking for some additional information, including additional pay slip and evidence of my husband's private pension.

For the main documents requested they wanted 'official documents addressed to myself and my husband either jointly or individually from May 2016 to May 2018'. They gave me 14 days to do this, so I tried my best and provided the documents I had, but, could not find anything from 2016 for myself, found a couple addressed to my husband. I managed to get a letter from my GP stating th dates I visited in 2016, I also included a cover letter.

I am however worried that this might not suffice, coupled with the fact that I sent the documents to Sheffield and when I tracked it two days ago, I found out that it was signed by RM RELAY, which is an automated service.

I guess I am writing to see if anyone have had similar experience and perhaps have some advice to offer.

Thank you in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: What should I expect? SET(M) Additional info request from the Home Office

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Didn't you submit anything at all with your application as proof of 2 years co-habitation :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Karamaka6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Karamaka6 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I probably did not.
Submitted the usual 6 months account statements, attestation letters, live in the UK test, letter from school, marriage cert, kids birth certificates etc.
I have never provided such evidence in the past and the application did not explicitly ask for evidence of cohabitation.

R-graphite
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by R-graphite » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Karamaka6 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi all,
I applied for my ILR end of August, did my biometrics almost three weeks later. A week ago, I got a letter from the Home Office asking for some additional information, including additional pay slip and evidence of my husband's private pension.

For the main documents requested they wanted 'official documents addressed to myself and my husband either jointly or individually from May 2016 to May 2018'. They gave me 14 days to do this, so I tried my best and provided the documents I had, but, could not find anything from 2016 for myself, found a couple addressed to my husband. I managed to get a letter from my GP stating th dates I visited in 2016, I also included a cover letter.

I am however worried that this might not suffice, coupled with the fact that I sent the documents to Sheffield and when I tracked it two days ago, I found out that it was signed by RM RELAY, which is an automated service.

I guess I am writing to see if anyone have had similar experience and perhaps have some advice to offer.

Thank you in advance.
Hi If I may ask, why did they ask for his private pension is he employed or self-employed?
I am not legally qualified, all my answers are from personal experience or readings. Please seek legal advice and don’t take my opinion as one.

Karamaka6
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Karamaka6 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:21 pm

The source of income that was used to evidence financial independence is is private pensions as he is retired, plus my income as a part time lecturer. I submitted a PDF copy of two of my payslips, and the requested to see the original copies so, I had to write my employer for it.