ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permit residence card stolen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maxymo
Newly Registered

Permit residence card stolen

Post by maxymo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi,

My Irish residence permit card was stolen last week, I have stamp 4 EUFam. The problem is that I have a trip planned to my country (outside Europe) next month and probably I wont get a replacement card by then because of the difficult to get a early appointment in INIS.

My question is if I can enter in to Ireland again only with the stamp I have in my passport? The stamp I have in my passport was made in the immigration office the day I got the residence permit card where basically says that I permit to work and the expire date.

Thank you for any information.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Permit residence card stolen

Post by max307 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:56 pm

maxymo wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Hi,

My Irish residence permit card was stolen last week, I have stamp 4 EUFam. The problem is that I have a trip planned to my country (outside Europe) next month and probably I wont get a replacement card by then because of the difficult to get a early appointment in INIS.

My question is if I can enter in to Ireland again only with the stamp I have in my passport? The stamp I have in my passport was made in the immigration office the day I got the residence permit card where basically says that I permit to work and the expire date.

Thank you for any information.
Technically yes, you will be allowed to enter Ireland with a valid passport stamped by INIS but likely the immigration officer will give you some hassle at the border, report that your card has been stolen to INIS and the Gardai and bring proof of that.

Do you have a photocopy of the card?

If you are a visa required national some airlines will ask questions and in some cases will deny boarding if you are not in possession of a re-entry visa or residence card, probably easier to get a replacement to avoid all that.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

maxymo
Newly Registered

Post by maxymo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks Max,

I have a photocopy of the card. I would like to get a new card or report it to INIS before my trip but unfortunatelly havent been possible to make an appointment with them yet, seems like a impossible mission.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:49 am

maxymo wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm
Thanks Max,

I have a photocopy of the card. I would like to get a new card or report it to INIS before my trip but unfortunatelly havent been possible to make an appointment with them yet, seems like a impossible mission.
Yeah, mission impossible alright :wink:
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.