ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEFINITE AMOUNT OF FUND FOR EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shonolaku
Newly Registered

DEFINITE AMOUNT OF FUND FOR EC

Post by shonolaku » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:56 am

Hi All,
I was reading through the forum and came across a thread where someone asked this question:

"v) How much bank balance is enough? "

Chess replied:

"Between 1000GBP to 1500GBP per month for principal applicant for a period of about 3 months.

500 GBP to 1000 GBP for each depedant for a period of about 3 months "

I would be applying for my ec soon and may not show more than 3000GB for my myself, spouse and a 4 month old kid, although I have a landed property and a car which I propose to value before the submission of my application and I would be staying with a friend initially on arrival.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:25 pm

Are you planning on selling the property and the car? If so, include the value of each less any debts you owe on them as part of your funds.

I would be very concerned about having only 3000 for all three of you, as the UK is very expensive. 1000/month for a single person is a realistic estimate, so with your family, you would have less than three months living expenses unless you sell your other assets. Not to mention the travel costs - it could cost you quite a bit just for airfare.

Have you considered coming over alone at first to secure a job before your spouse and child join you? That might make the transition a bit easier financially.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:51 pm

Lynn posted :-
1000/month for a single person is a realistic estimate
That depends where in the UK you are going to live. For example, housing costs will vary very considerably, no doubt as they do in other countries.

So in answer to the Shonolaku's original question, IND do not publish any particular figure that they require, given that the expenditure level could vary considerably.

And if you are indeed "staying with a friend initially on arrival", and that friend is charging you nothing or not a lot, the money you mention could well be adequate.

Housing costs? Go to a website such as Rightmove and feed in the area that you intend to live in and that will give you some idea about housing costs.
John

shonolaku
Newly Registered

Post by shonolaku » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:38 pm

lynn132, These are answers to the questions you raised.

Are you planning on selling the property and the car?

Yes I will be selling the property and the car

Have you considered coming over alone at first to secure a job before your spouse and child join you?

Yes, I will be moving alone first and willing be staying with my friend but I want to apply for the 3 of us at the same time. Hope the EC officer will believe me and granted the visa

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:25 pm

shonolaku wrote:

Yes, I will be moving alone first and willing be staying with my friend but I want to apply for the 3 of us at the same time. Hope the EC officer will believe me and granted the visa

this sounds somewhat queer :? if you succeed to get EC for your family to go with you i guess the EC officer is comfortable with the resources at your disposal to take care of you and the family "without recourse to public funds" so if they get EC, why leave them behind anyway?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

bani

Post by bani » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:04 pm

Make sure you get a letter from your friend saying you can stay with him for how many weeks/months, and some proof of address. I don't think it's unusual to leave the family behind first because there are a lot of things to sort out in a relocation. So hopefully the visa officer will understand this and issue all EC at the same time anyway. Good luck!

Amit T
Newly Registered

Post by Amit T » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:13 pm

Lynn wrote
Have you considered coming over alone at first to secure a job before your spouse and child join you? That might make the transition a bit easier financially.
My understanding is that after getting EC we have 3 months time to enter UK.

Now is it possible that the spouse can join you after say 6 months of your entering UK. so that by the time he/she arrives, you are in a better financial position.
Thus is it possible to obtain visa stamped with say 6 months of extension in entry date for spouse even IF spous's graduation points are included in magic 65 ?

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm

I think a previous post by BASKEY addresses this question.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:02 pm

Amit T wrote:Lynn wrote
My understanding is that after getting EC we have 3 months time to enter UK.

Now is it possible that the spouse can join you after say 6 months of your entering UK. so that by the time he/she arrives, you are in a better financial position.
Thus is it possible to obtain visa stamped with say 6 months of extension in entry date for spouse even IF spous's graduation points are included in magic 65 ?
1.After getting EC you can enter whenever you want b4 expiry of EC, the one thing you need to bear in mind is the requiremnts you will need to meet for extension after one 1 year
2 Your wife can come with you or 10 months after you whatever suits as long as her EC is still valid.
3 It doesnt matter if you claim spouse points when it comes to EC

Amit T
Newly Registered

Post by Amit T » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:30 pm

F2k, Thanks.

I have some more doubts:

1. Can this arrangement of calling spouse later be part of the documentation for Proof of sustainability so that we can show increase in the expenses progressively with increase of income

2. one more thing I observe is the application form nowhere asks for sustainability proofs. However are they still expected by HSMP squad to be included ?