ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**Convert from Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 (General) Main Applicant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lakdev
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

**Convert from Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 (General) Main Applicant

Post by lakdev » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:41 am

Hello everyone,

I have a Tier 2 Depandent (General) visa, and I would like to change my Visa status to Main Applicant. As it is not an easy find, from last 2 years I've been trying to find a company who can sponsor me.

Six months ago, when i have applied for a job (through consultancy) in MNC [who has tier 2 sponsorship], I've told them my visa requirement. Company said that they will provide the visa for me after 6 months of my joining, after they are satisfied with my probation status.

From the last the couple of months i've been talking to my department head about the COS and he is gathering the information from every one, including HR, his boss, Lawyers etc.

I know i am in need of RLMT Test to get the COS, because my job is not Short skilled list. When they advertised for the job they used LinkedIN.

Now for the sake of RLMT test, they were ready to create a ghost req in findajob.gov.uk.

However, the lawyers mentioned that they can't post the req unless there is an actual requirement in the company. Now my boss is saying that they can't give me a COS unless there is an actual requirement in the company and they post an advert.

I don't know how to proceed from here. Any advice on how I can solve this please let me know.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: **Convert from Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 (General) Main Applicant

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:18 pm

lakdev wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:41 am
Hello everyone,

I have a Tier 2 Depandent (General) visa, and I would like to change my Visa status to Main Applicant. As it is not an easy find, from last 2 years I've been trying to find a company who can sponsor me.

Six months ago, when i have applied for a job (through consultancy) in MNC [who has tier 2 sponsorship], I've told them my visa requirement. Company said that they will provide the visa for me after 6 months of my joining, after they are satisfied with my probation status.

From the last the couple of months i've been talking to my department head about the COS and he is gathering the information from every one, including HR, his boss, Lawyers etc.

I know i am in need of RLMT Test to get the COS, because my job is not Short skilled list. When they advertised for the job they used LinkedIN.

Now for the sake of RLMT test, they were ready to create a ghost req in findajob.gov.uk.

However, the lawyers mentioned that they can't post the req unless there is an actual requirement in the company. Now my boss is saying that they can't give me a COS unless there is an actual requirement in the company and they post an advert.

I don't know how to proceed from here. Any advice on how I can solve this please let me know.

Firstly, your employer doesn't 'provide the visa ' for you. This is provided by the Home Office subject to a successful application. :idea:

How are you going to prove that you weren't pre-selected for the post when you are already employed by the company? Your employer is also required to submit evidence that there were no other applicants with settled status/EEA or British National, who were suitable for the position.

Neither can you switch to Tier 2 General from your Tier 2 Dependent visa from within the UK. You can only apply for this from your home country.
See below:
Eligibility
You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
Tier 4 visa - if you have an eligible qualification or you’ve done at least 12 months of a PhD
You can also switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’re:

a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa
a representative of an overseas business
You must leave the UK and make your Tier 2 (General) application from abroad if you’re not in any of these categories.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sharath221
BANNED
India

Re: **Convert from Tier 2 Dependant to Tier 2 (General) Main Applicant

Post by sharath221 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:13 am

Hey..!
First Tier 2 dependent would have all the amenities to a citizen would have. Still, if you're like to switch that likely based on your situation. We are the consultant that able to process for your general visa within 3 to 4 months of the period. xxxxxx (contact details deleted)

Please desist from promoting your business on this forum. Any further similar posts will result in your registration being terminated.