ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PhD studentship and dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moahmed
Newly Registered
Egypt

PhD studentship and dependent visa

Post by moahmed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 pm

I wish if you can advise me
If i am fully funded PhD student and mentioned that in my CAS with a studenship receiving 14777 £ per annum for an inside london university and will apply with my family members (spouse and child)

1- i am intending to show the required money for my dependent on my wife account name with some extra buffer .
They required around 15200 £ and her account helds around 28000

As iam receiving the studentship per annum so there ahould be some money around 3000 -£ extra if they will calculate my required maintainance on the basis of 9 month

This balance will be added automatically to my dependence during the evaluation? Or should i state that in my online application ?! We dont depend on this balance amount in oir main calculation but just wondering if they will count it or not !

2-should the university give me a letter of sponsorship and/or studentship or it is sufficient if they mentioned that my language is assessed and i will be fully funded for my tuition fees and recieving a bursary ?

3-however i am fully funded ,but i still have some money as a certificate of deposit whixhbi can submit to add on my wife account around 10000£ extra to support their application
If yes ,should i mention that in the notes of my application that i amd supporting my dependends by this certificate of deposit with addition to my wife account amount .

Thank you in advance for replying me

Regards

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: PhD studentship and dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Your first query also appears to have already been posted 30 minutes ago under a different name, and i responded:
uk-tier-4-student-visas/phd-stipend-eno ... 68685.html

Your university has an international student adviser, or probably a team of them, whose role is to help students and their dependants with their visa application. I advise you ask them for guidance with your questions.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

moahmed
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by moahmed » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 pm

It was not me who asked the Question before just it is a similar case and its totally different

And all of students here knows that there is a student advisors in the university and i think i didnt post any offensive question
I expected answers from experienced pepole in this forum and you seems helping all pepole with their Questions dont know why u just ignore me

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:27 pm

moahmed wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 pm
It was not me who asked the Question before just it is a similar case and its totally different
Totally different? It's almost identical to your question number (1)! They have a scholarship of £14,777 and they are also asking whether some of it can be counted towards their spouse's maintenance.
moahmed wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:17 pm
And all of students here knows that there is a student advisors in the university and i think i didnt post any offensive question
I expected answers from experienced pepole in this forum and you seems helping all pepole with their Questions dont know why u just ignore me
See above for guidance on your first question. You have not offended me, and I am not ignoring you. The visa adviser at your university is very experienced. You have acceess to a FREE professional immigration adviser. They are by far the best person to advise you. That is not me ignoring you, that is me taking time to give you a referral to get the best advice.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

SamTiger
Mood:
India

Post by SamTiger » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 pm

moahmed wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:25 pm
1- i am intending to show the required money for my dependent on my wife account name with some extra buffer .
They required around 15200 £ and her account helds around 28000
As iam receiving the studentship per annum so there ahould be some money around 3000 -£ extra if they will calculate my required maintainance on the basis of 9 month
Studentship is offered only for the student and it will be mentioned as maintenance amount in the CAS. It is advisable not to mix up the fund you receive from the univ with that of the dependents maintenance requirement. Better not take a chance if they'll include the remaining part of yours for your dependents or not.
moahmed wrote:
2-should the university give me a letter of sponsorship and/or studentship or it is sufficient if they mentioned that my language is assessed and i will be fully funded for my tuition fees and recieving a bursary ?
I think you will have an offer letter from the univ with all details. But CAS is very important. Make sure your univ has clearly stated regarding your studentship and language assessment.
moahmed wrote:
3-however i am fully funded ,but i still have some money as a certificate of deposit whixhbi can submit to add on my wife account around 10000£ extra to support their application
If yes ,should i mention that in the notes of my application that i amd supporting my dependends by this certificate of deposit with addition to my wife account amount .
You are expected to have the required maintenance funds for you and your dependents.

(Do meet your univ visa team with your list of questions for more clarity.)