ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cooling off period waiver (T2 ICT)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Akhila14
Newly Registered

Cooling off period waiver (T2 ICT)

Post by Akhila14 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:11 am

Hi,

I'm currently on a T2 ICT (issued in Feb 2014, expiring in Feb 2019). Under the immigration rules, the cooling off period applies for 12 months after I leave the UK.

Question: Can the cooling off period be waived if my salary is increased to 120,000 or more and a new CoS is filed? Or, would the cooling off period still apply since my salary under the current CoS is lower than 120,000?

Thank you,
Akhila

Akhila14
Newly Registered

Re: Cooling off period waiver (T2 ICT)

Post by Akhila14 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:28 am

Apologies, just to add to my question - the latest T2 Policy says "a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) applicant in the Long Term Staff sub-category will be granted leave up to 5 years. You will not be able to extend your stay beyond 5 years (or 9 years for any staff earning £120,000 or more) and you will not be able to re-apply to return to the UK under an Intra-Company Transfer category until 12 months after
your last leave as an Intra-Company Transfer expired or 12 months after you left the UK, whichever is sooner, unless you will be paid an annual gross salary of £120,000 or higher
or where you were only being sponsored in Tier 2 (as recorded by the Certificate of Sponsorship), for a period of 3 months or less."

The highlighted portion almost makes it seem like the only salary that matters is the new one, but I wasn't sure.

Thank you for your help,
Akhila

Akhila14 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:11 am
Hi,

I'm currently on a T2 ICT (issued in Feb 2014, expiring in Feb 2019). Under the immigration rules, the cooling off period applies for 12 months after I leave the UK.

Question: Can the cooling off period be waived if my salary is increased to 120,000 or more and a new CoS is filed? Or, would the cooling off period still apply since my salary under the current CoS is lower than 120,000?

Thank you,
Akhila

sharath221
BANNED
India

Re: Cooling off period waiver (T2 ICT)

Post by sharath221 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:51 am

Switching of Tier 2 ICT to General is always a better option for getting a rise of income. But the cooling period is always a lock for this step. there is a way to get away from the cooling period, like applying the Tier 2 general on your spouse and make your self as a dependent is a good deal.

Hence few consulting services xxxxxxx can deal about this process and sever you best on this.

Moderator edit: contact details removed