ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr (dl) -settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jimquk
United Kingdom

Flr (dl) -settlement

Post by jimquk » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi.
3 questions:

Someone applying for settlement on FLR DR after six years DLR following refusal of asylum.
Section 2 asks which category. Is it other, and attach a letter explaining granted following asylum claim?

Also, page 8 of the new form asks for only the last two addresses, however is it best to give a full five year address history. My instinct is yes, but then I also incline to never complicate matters by volunteering information not asked for!

Lastly, regarding court judgments and civil penalties, this person was unfortunately evicted by court order following arrears of rent, but no judgment was entered to recover the arrears. I guess this has to be entered on the form. Is it likely to be a problem for her application?

Any help would be very welcome indeed!
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr (dl) -settlement

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 am

1. Yes it is "other" I believe.

2. Can add a note with last 5 years addresses if the form doesn't state add an additional page etc.

4. No it does not. An eviction is irrelevant and not a court judgment or conviction what the form is asking about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 am

4. No it does not. An eviction is irrelevant and not a court judgment or conviction what the form is asking about.
Thanks very much for this. That applies even if it a court ordered eviction/repossession by the landlord?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:18 pm

jimquk wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:15 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 am

Thanks very much for this. That applies even if it a court ordered eviction/repossession by the landlord?
Yes. Eviction is a civil matter and does not get recorded on your 'record'!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:39 pm

That's great. The penny has finally dropped that the reference to civil penalties does not refer to civil proceedings ..... duh, but it almost looks deliberately confusing....

Samy2007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Samy2007 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm

jimquk wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:07 pm
Hi.
3 questions:

Someone applying for settlement on FLR DR after six years DLR following refusal of asylum.
Section 2 asks which category. Is it other, and attach a letter explaining granted following asylum claim?

Also, page 8 of the new form asks for only the last two addresses, however is it best to give a full five year address history. My instinct is yes, but then I also incline to never complicate matters by volunteering information not asked for!

Lastly, regarding court judgments and civil penalties, this person was unfortunately evicted by court order following arrears of rent, but no judgment was entered to recover the arrears. I guess this has to be entered on the form. Is it likely to be a problem for her application?

Any help would be very welcome indeed!
Hello.i'm in the same situation as you,but i'm not sure if i can use the set(o) form as the system has changed
Can you please let me know wich form and service are you going to use????
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Samy2007 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:12 pm
Hello.i'm in the same situation as you,but i'm not sure if i can use the set(o) form as the system has changed
Can you please let me know wich form and service are you going to use????
Thanks
The user has very clearly stated they are using FLR(DL) and not Set(O).
Char (CR001 not Casa)