ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant visa for my wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venkatadegala
Newly Registered
India

ILR Dependant visa for my wife

Post by venkatadegala » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:35 pm

HI,
I have some questions regarding my family's Visas & Immigration situation:
A summary of our current case is as follows:

=>I have settlement visa ILR based on long residence (10 years) and I received it this week.
=>My wife has a dependent tier-2 visa at the moment and her visa will expire on 20/01/2020 and she entered into the UK as Tier 2 dependant on June 2017.

now I have questions like
1). Is there any legal time limit to switch her visa as an ILR dependent
2). If I want to switch now which type of visa I need to apply
3). And please let me know the requirements for that visa

Thanks in Advance.

us3r
Newly Registered
Scotland

Re: ILR Dependant visa for my wife

Post by us3r » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:08 pm

1. Based on the current rules she has to complete 5 years before she can switch to ILR.
2. If you go to the gov.uk website. You'll find out. But your wife's category would be that of a person applying as a spouse of a person who is settled in the UK.
3. You can check this yourself once you have located the form.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:23 pm

venkatadegala wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:35 pm
HI,

=>I have settlement visa ILR based on long residence (10 years) and I received it this week.
=>My wife has a dependent tier-2 visa at the moment and her visa will expire on 20/01/2020 and she entered into the UK as Tier 2 dependant on June 2017.

Thanks in Advance.
As you applied for ILR under long residence, your wife will have to switch to FLR(M). This will reset her immigration clock to zero, putting her on a new 5 year route to ILR.

It's not advisable for her to travel outside of the UK under she has been granted FLR(M), and better to switch sooner rather than later to begin the new 5 year qualifying period. You should also consider that visa fees may well be increased next year, so switching early may save you money. :idea:

Also, bear in mind that the NHS surcharge is due be increased to £1,000 at some date in December 2018 .

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -11-18.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

us3r
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by us3r » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 pm

us3r wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:08 pm
1. Based on the current rules she has to complete 5 years before she can switch to ILR.
2. If you go to the gov.uk website. You'll find out. But your wife's category would be that of a person applying as a spouse of a person who is settled in the UK.
Please ignore my comments and see @Casa's response above.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:35 pm

us3r wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 pm
us3r wrote:
Please ignore my comments and see @Casa's response above.
Actually you gave the correct advice, apart mentioning that the current time residing in the UK will be lost.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

venkatadegala
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatadegala » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:23 pm
venkatadegala wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:35 pm
HI,

Thanks in Advance.
As you applied for ILR under long residence, your wife will have to switch to FLR(M). This will reset her immigration clock to zero, putting her on a new 5 year route to ILR.

It's not advisable for her to travel outside of the UK under she has been granted FLR(M), and better to switch sooner rather than later to begin the new 5 year qualifying period. You should also consider that visa fees may well be increased next year, so switching early may save you money. :idea:

Also, bear in mind that the NHS surcharge is due be increased to £1,000 at some date in December 2018.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -11-18.pdf
Hi Casa,

Thank you so much for your reply

you mentioned "It's not advisable for her to travel outside of the UK under she has been granted FLR(M)," you mean not to travel before getting the FLR(m) visa or after getting FLR (m) visa also is she not advisable to travel outside the UK?

Thanks in Advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 pm

venkatadegala wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:48 pm
you mentioned "It's not advisable for her to travel outside of the UK under she has been granted FLR(M)," you mean not to travel before getting the FLR(m) visa or after getting FLR (m) visa also is she not advisable to travel outside the UK?
BEFORE getting the FLR(M) visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkatadegala
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatadegala » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks again casa.

venkatadegala
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatadegala » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:40 pm

us3r wrote:
Thanks for the response :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:04 pm

venkatadegala wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:39 pm
Thanks again casa.
Thanks go to CR001 (Char) not me... :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)