ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can dependant with ILR bring the partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Can dependant with ILR bring the partner

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Dear Gurus,
This thread is for my brother, he has three dependants, his daughter 20 years old will get married in Dec 2019 in our home country after she gets ILR- Tier1-Ent Dep., can she bring her husband to the UK? and what application does she have to use?
She does not want to apply for citizenship after one year of ILR.
Thanks

us3r
Newly Registered
Scotland

Re: Can dependant with ILR bring the partner

Post by us3r » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:12 pm

All children above 18 are considered adults and should apply on their own behalf.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:18 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Dear Gurus,
This thread is for my brother, he has three dependants, his daughter 20 years old will get married in Dec 2019 in our home country after she gets ILR- Tier1-Ent Dep., can she bring her husband to the UK? and what application does she have to use?
Thanks
Her husband will have to apply for a Spouse Settlement visa. Is she earning a minimum of £18,600 p.a :?:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:18 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:09 pm
Dear Gurus,
Thanks
Her husband will have to apply for a Spouse Settlement visa. Is she earning a minimum of £18,600 p.a :?:

Dear Casa,
Her dad will save £70,000 in her account once she gets ILR (he will transfer that amount from his current account to her saving account).
Does she have to work? or saving is enough?
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 pm

£70,000 is sufficient to qualify for the savings route, but these must be held in an accessible account for at least 6 months, before submitting the visa application. She will also have to show the source of the funds and that this is a gift and not a loan.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 pm
£70,000 is sufficient to qualify for the savings route, but these must be held in an accessible account for at least 6 months, before submitting the visa application. She will also have to show the source of the funds and that this is a gift and not a loan.
Many thanks for your comments,

Please provide the link which shows saving conditions.

Can she bring her fiancé to the UK and they get married in the UK? Can her fiancé apply for a spouse visa after that-in the UK?
My brother said he will consider it as a gift with all documents which show the main source of funds.

How many months does she stay in the marriage with her husband to apply for him?

Thanks again,

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:04 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:43 pm
Casa wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:31 pm
Many thanks for your comments,

Please provide the link which shows saving conditions. Here:- https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

Can she bring her fiancé to the UK and they get married in the UK? Can her fiancé apply for a spouse visa after that-in the UK? Yes.
My brother said he will consider it as a gift with all documents which show the main source of funds.

How many months does she stay in the marriage with her husband to apply for him? Immediately following the marriage.

Thanks again,
(Casa, not CR001)

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Dear Casa,
Please advise how can she apply for her fiancé entry to the UK before their marriage and what are the conditions-requirements.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:10 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Dear Casa,
Please advise how can she apply for her fiancé entry to the UK before their marriage and what are the conditions-requirements.
See link below re 6 months fiance visa, requirements the same as spouse visa plus evidence of wedding preparations etc Presumably the couple have met each other in person??

Also useful, again, to ask your 'friends' or 'family' to join the forum and ask their own questions.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:10 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:07 pm
Dear Casa,
See link below re 6 months fiance visa, requirements the same as spouse visa plus evidence of wedding preparations etc Presumably the couple have met each other in person??

Also useful, again, to ask your 'friends' or 'family' to join the forum and ask their own questions.

Dear CR001,
He is my brother, we live in the same building, he had an account but the moderators thought I have two accounts and we closed his account.
Thanks a lot