ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**URGENT*** statement of comparability*** ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

**URGENT*** statement of comparability*** ILR

Post by aoalabi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:03 am

Hi Guys

Need some urgent advise. I have applied for ILR via the tier 2 route and my appt is on Tuesday 27th. Last minute look through documents and I havent got the UK Naric comparability thing. I have applied for this but it's unlikely I will get it before Tuesday morning.

Background. I'm in my last year of GP training and have been working in the NHS the past 5 years.

I have every other document. IELTS, degree certificate, MOI, transcripts, letter from employer etc.

Is this going to be a major issue. Do I email the ILR team?
Any advise would be most appreciated

Many thanks in advance

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: **URGENT*** statement of comparability*** ILR

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:46 am

depends on how crucial it’s to ur application.. they’ll probably delay the decision and you can always tell them after they ask you not before.
What is it? Judging by ur profession and the docs you’ve mentioned I’m assuming all the necessary docs would have been taken care of in the beginning.. no? Applying to gmc etc would have required you to give translations of the pertinent documents

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks for responding. Yes all of those checks were done by the GMC previously. Think I might take my GMC registration with me as well. I just wasn't sure how important of a document the NARIC thing is. Had to pay an extra £400 for the fast track. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Last edited by aoalabi on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:48 am

you mentioned ielts.
if it is IELTS ukvi B1 level , thats should be fine. Naric not needed, no need to panic.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:55 am

aoalabi wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:45 am
Thanks for responding. Yes all of those checks were done by the GMC previously. Think I might take my GMC registration with me as well. I just wasn't sure how important of a document the NARIC thing is. Had to pay an extra £400 for the fast track. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I dont see any GMC role with immigration. You need only salary slip and employer's letters from job side.

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 am

Yh I know. It's a bit of a weird one. On my checklist they ask for a language test certificate and NARIC letter confirming my degree meets or exceeds the UK standard of bachelor's /masters or PHD. I'm like why are they asking for this really. Home office gone mad again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:59 am

If you ticked yes to language test AND degree then that is the evidence the form will ask you for. If you do not have NARIC ela and comparable assessment, don't tick degree and use English test if at the required level and on HO approved test provider list, if it was used for a previous visa application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks for responding. So basically just tick what documents you have as opposed to providing everything on the non mandatory document checklist. And yes this is the same IELTS used on previous applications. It's the Academic one.

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:12 am

why did you take IELTS ? if you are a highly q Professional ?
you use either your degree OR IELTS.

use one of them and keep the other as a back up in your file

you can only use old IELTS if that cen where you passed it .. is still approved
good luck
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:24 am

In order to take the UK Medical licenecing exam. International graduates must first pass the IELTS exam. I used that and my degree to show English language competence. A bit of an overkill.. I know.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Good luck with your appointment!
The GMC would never have reqistered you if they weren’t sure abt ur qualification standards..
of course immigration is different but the case worker would take it in to account.. fingers crossed.
£400 !?!.. wth! Oh well you can afford it 😂
P.s my fathers a doctor too.. didn’t do Naric.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Well, hope you have prepared correct documentation, Good luck

When my wife applied for our ILR, she has used the same IELTS for entry clearance which was used for GMC registration( this was pre IELTS UKVI 2015). However, the test centre was not listed in UKVI during ILR application( early 2018). So, not taking the risk she took B1 test and submitted. Sometimes paying 150GBP worth of losing huge application fee.

This is my experience, all the best for you ilr.

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:58 pm

ILR got approved this morning
Case worker initially refused to accept my IELTS saying it wasn't on some approved centres list. I had a look myself found it, pointed it out to her and it was accepted

Also forgot my passport with my entry Tier 2 visa. She was happy for me to email it to her on the spot. Luckily I had someone at home to send me a pic of it.

Here's a link to all the approved English language centres for anyone who needs it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

Thanks again to everyone who responded and thanks to the guys who set up this website. I clicked on a few ads to help the cause :-)

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pm

aoalabi wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:58 pm
ILR got approved this morning
Case worker initially refused to accept my IELTS saying it wasn't on some approved centres list. I had a look myself found it, pointed it out to her and it was accepted

Also forgot my passport with my entry Tier 2 visa. She was happy for me to email it to her on the spot. Luckily I had someone at home to send me a pic of it.

Here's a link to all the approved English language centres for anyone who needs it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

Thanks again to everyone who responded and thanks to the guys who set up this website. I clicked on a few ads to help the cause :-)
Congrats!!! So glad to hear it worked out and you had the presence of mind to deal with the situation there and then..
So can you now get a refund on your fast track NARIC cert? 😂😂

aoalabi
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by aoalabi » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Hahaha Thanks. I got only a part of it back. They decided to hold on to fast track fees even though their refund policy mentions nothing of the sort. I'm just happy this whole ILR thing is sorted. All the nightmare stories you read on here really put my anxiety through the roof.

Good luck to everyone else applying.