ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium Appointment :new Visa Centres not available for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Premium Appointment :new Visa Centres not available for FLR(M)

Post by navtanwar » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:37 am

I have been trying to obtain a new premium appointment for FLR(M) for the past one 3 weeks, and i was of the view that after 5th Nov , when the new system comes in place , there would be some respite but that has not happened
I restarted my application completely , and at the end , it still gives the same number of centers and also same message that no dates are available for next 45days . Checked in the morning , exactly at midnight, and during the whole day.
I thought Manchester should start showing up as one of the choices to select for premium appointment.
Has the system gone live ? Has anyone booked an appointment using the new system ?

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Premium Appointment :new Visa Centres not available for FLR(M)

Post by kof022 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Also in a similar predicament. Being trying to book premium center service for December 2018 but no luck. And it looks like the new system is not applicable for spouse visa extensions too. Has anyone being able to book premium center appointments for December for spouse visa or has anyone been able to use the new system?

Sarah86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sarah86 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm in the same boat with my husband's application... It seems that FLR(M) applicants will be able to use the old system until January, but it's still not very clear to me how to book an appointment for December. The government's guidance published on 2d November said that they will publish more information on this soon. I came across a few available premium appointments for November, but there was nothing for December...

Did you guys fill in the online form and then try to book? Or are you just trying to book the appointment on its own?

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am

It seems like they have not thought about the FLR (M) applications with the new system.
We ditched our plan to use paper applications, as thought the new system through online application will be faster, but it does not look like it.
But will be sticking to the online application as its easier anyways.

Are other application types able to book at old centers ? do we know of any premium bookings in old centers in month of December ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am

navtanwar wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:57 am
It seems like they have not thought about the FLR (M) applications with the new system.
We ditched our plan to use paper applications, as thought the new system through online application will be faster, but it does not look like it.
But will be sticking to the online application as its easier anyways.

Are other application types able to book at old centers ? do we know of any premium bookings in old centers in month of December ?
Old Centre system is closing on 29 November so the old system won't be available anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks CR001.
But for FLR(M) , online applications, there is no option of selecting the new service.

I just created a dummy application , for Tier 2 , which does indeed show the new service available and also the old one.

With FLR(M) , online applications, its only old system , and as you say , the old centers will be closed on 29th November , so there will not be any appointments after 29th in old system.

Meaning , for FLR(M) , no one can apply for the time being for any date after 29th November.

This is quite appalling. Home Office has not thought this through it seems.
My wife's offer for a new job depends on this application to succeed, and there is no way i can book an appointment.

Is there any Home Office resolution centres etc , which we can take this up with ?

Sarah86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sarah86 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:07 am

This is a quote from the government’s guidance published on 2 November:

“From 29 November 2018 to 8 January 2019, for customers applying online for leave based on family life or private life who choose UKVI’s 24-hour decision service, there will be limited appointments available in the Premium Service Centres (PSCs) for those not able to use UKVCAS. During your application you will be advised about which services you are able to use.”

This leads me to think that there will be limited appointments available at PSC for some FLR(M) applicants... or am I completely misunderstanding this? The paragraph where the above is mentioned is inconclusive and ends with “more information will be published soon”.

Navtanwar, I am sorry to hear about the stressful situation your wife is in. I can definitely relate. Maybe we can help each other understand this better.

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks Sarah86 , for the sharing the govt guidance.

I think , if its possible FLR(M) should just take any appointment that shows up before 29th November.

Does the new system give dates in a similar manner i.e. 45 days before or is it instant ? ( could not see from dummy application as they charge before selecting the date)

Depending on that , i think FLR(M) applicants need to decide on which date they will be able to book presumably after 8th Jan.

From the guidance it seems quite clear that FLR(M) dates will only be available after 8th Jan. Guidance says limited appointments , but i think its equivalent to "no appointments"

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kof022 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:34 am

This is so frustrating as there is literally no clear information on whether it is possible to book an appointment in December or not.Looks like I might have to apply early then, as i plan on booking any premium appointments i find online, applying by post is not an option. Please do let us know if, when you book a premium appointment.

Sarah86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sarah86 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 pm

I did see appointments in November come up and go away quickly. However, my husband can’t really apply beyond this week of November. It all has to do with the timings of when his payslip and corresponding bank statement are issued. His payslip will be issued on the 15th of the November and the corresponding bank statement on the 1st of December, showing he got paid, so the time for us to apply is the first or early second week of December. He is with HSBC, the worst bank that doesn’t stamp statements, so we can’t just print out a transactions list after the 15th and get it stamped, so we do have to wait until December to have all th documents in order :(

kof022
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by kof022 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi, I have been asking around and it looks like there won't be any premium service centres available. considering super premium at this point, any one interested as i think you can split the cost with 4 people?

navtanwar
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by navtanwar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm

I have already paid the Health surcharge for FLR(M) application. However, i have lost any hopes of getting a dec appointment now.

I think the health surcharge will increase for new year , and in that case, what do we need to do , as the application would not have been submitted by then and the Health Surcharge submitted will be the old value.

srimurthy333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srimurthy333 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I am in similar situation and have paid IHS and unable to get appointments for December.

I think we can apply by online or post using the existing system.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 am

Please try afternoon time between 12-3-pm.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:16 am

I have booked mine last friday just after 2pm and there were only two centers available Belfast and Birmingham until 29Nov.
There were so many appointments with all time slots but surprisingly it went all booked or removed (not sure) within 20 mins. When i booked mine and wanted to change for another options all of them got disappeared.
I was lucky to have one.

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi guys,

I am in a similar situation to alot of you it seems. I am about to renew my visa the second time for a spousal visa (the last 2.5 out of 5 year route). My current visa expires 7 December so I am now in the window to apply. I didn't realize till this week that there are no appointments showing up for the premium service and that the new service isn't starting for FLR(M) VISA type until Jan - what am I supposed to do then? I have to get a same day turnaround on this as I have work travel booked next 2 weeks and again in late January... Does anyone know with either system can I travel while I await a decision (assuming I don't need to hand in my passport?)

One of questions (off topic) but should I do the online or paper application?

I have filled out both now and there is no consistency between the two documents. With the online form (but not the paper form) asks if "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" I have lived here for over 7 years now on multiple visas. I would have traveled out of the UK in excess of 50 trips for me at a minimum and its impossible for me to recollect with any accuracy all these trips. Do you think its ok if I just put something like this? The paper form does not ask this...

Sorry alot of questions but I am sure other people are stuck in similar situations also.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:26 pm

kneehighh wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:23 pm
Hi guys,

I am in a similar situation to alot of you it seems. I am about to renew my visa the second time for a spousal visa (the last 2.5 out of 5 year route). My current visa expires 7 December so I am now in the window to apply. I didn't realize till this week that there are no appointments showing up for the premium service and that the new service isn't starting for FLR(M) VISA type until Jan - what am I supposed to do then? I have to get a same day turnaround on this as I have work travel booked next 2 weeks and again in late January... Does anyone know with either system can I travel while I await a decision (assuming I don't need to hand in my passport?)

One of questions (off topic) but should I do the online or paper application?

I have filled out both now and there is no consistency between the two documents. With the online form (but not the paper form) asks if "Have you been out of the UK since you started living here?" I have lived here for over 7 years now on multiple visas. I would have traveled out of the UK in excess of 50 trips for me at a minimum and its impossible for me to recollect with any accuracy all these trips. Do you think its ok if I just put something like this? The paper form does not ask this...

Sorry alot of questions but I am sure other people are stuck in similar situations also.
You cannot travell out of the UK while you have a pending application. This will cause your application to be withdrawn and if your current visa has expired, your section 3c protection ends and you will not be able to re enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:26 pm
You cannot travel out of the UK while you have a pending application. This will cause your application to be withdrawn and if your current visa has expired, your section 3c protection ends and you will not be able to re enter the UK.
Ok - so basically I have to get a same day appointment then which appears impossible?

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:34 am

try after 20 Nov I guess.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 am

From 29 November 2018, when the current PSCs close, until 8 January 2019 there will be limited appointments available in the PSCs for those not able to use UKVCAS applying online for leave based on family life or private life who choose UKVI’s 24-hour decision service. During your application you will be advised about which services you are able to use.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by wahi66 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:42 am

Customers applying under the family or private life route, depending on their individual circumstances, may be able to use the new service. During your application you will be advised about which services you are able to use.

srimurthy333
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by srimurthy333 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Can i use old form for postal application or should i use new dated 11/2018 for postal application.

New forms are bit confusion.

Please advise.

kneehighh
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by kneehighh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Is there new forms now too??

I have filled out the 07/2018 version of the FLR(M) form...

Still been looking for premium appointments...nothing seen for any location for the next 45 days still. Lets hope after 29 Nov some pop up.

Would ringing them help? I see in the application form it says that I would need to book and attend my premium appointment before my current visa expires which is the 7 Dec which doesn't leave much time...Or is it ok to just have booked the appointment before the visa expires?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am

kneehighh wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:53 pm
Is there new forms now too??

I have filled out the 07/2018 version of the FLR(M) form...

Still been looking for premium appointments...nothing seen for any location for the next 45 days still. Lets hope after 29 Nov some pop up.

Would ringing them help? I see in the application form it says that I would need to book and attend my premium appointment before my current visa expires which is the 7 Dec which doesn't leave much time...Or is it ok to just have booked the appointment before the visa expires?
Premium service old system is closing. On 29th November. You will need to apply using the new service.

You must apply before your visa expires.

general-uk-immigration-forum/new-uk-vis ... 67060.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cemj
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cemj » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:06 am

Just wondering when the new service will be available for FLR(M) extension visas? Thanks