ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 3(1) , 3(5)???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marikistin
Philippines

MN1 3(1) , 3(5)???

Post by Marikistin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi i would appreciate your opinions re this.....
I have recently submitted our citizenship application AN (under EEA PR and BC spouse and 6 years residence) and MN1 and on my daughters application i had put it to be considered under 3(1)...but i am thinking as reading up in here that she cannot pass on her british citizenship to her children what is the way around this? Or what do you advise me to do? We have done our biometrics last 17/11/2018... should i send an email a cover letter of some sort? Please i hope you can help me. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 3(1) , 3(5)???

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:52 pm

Section 3(1) for children is British Otherwise than By Descent and they CAN pass it on to their children. Who told you it is not possible??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Section 3(5) registration is for children who are born abroad to parents who are British by Descent, which doesn't apply to you if you are an EU citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Sorry Char maybe i have misunderstood it cos I was thinking as on the guidance it is Registration at the Home Secretary's discretion...so would that mean if granted it will fall under British otherwise than by descent for my childs registration? Thanks.
My head is just everywhere apologies. The waiting is just crazy although i know i am not waitkng as long as others. Thank you Char for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Sorry Char maybe i have misunderstood it cos I was thinking as on the guidance it is Registration at the Home Secretary's discretion...so would that mean if granted it will fall under British otherwise than by descent for my childs registration?
Correct. Registration at discretion is simply the term used for 3(1) registrations whereas 1(3) registrations for example is an entitlement (i.e. not at discretion). That is the only difference between the two, but they both are British otherwise than by descent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:08 pm

That is so great to know!!! Char thanks a million!!! I always learn something new everyday :) and relieved on that. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Keep your chin up, you should hear some good news soon hopefully.
Char (CR001 not Casa)