ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joining Family Member as Wife or Parent?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

holla007

Joining Family Member as Wife or Parent?

Post by holla007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:31 am

Great Men in the house, Have got some questions to ask here if anyone can help that will be great.

Am a british citizen but my wife and child (3 yrs) are from non-EU, and they are currently outside the uk, and the child is born outside the UK while i was still on Tier 1, but am looking at applying for a visa for them both to join me here via settlement route. I really dont know if i needed to fill a separate application form for them, (one for wife joining family and the one for joining family parent) because i noticed when i tried to fill the form online with our child's details included on the wife application form as a dependant and at the point of making the IHS payment, the system only calculated for my wife IHS fees and it shows that my wife has no dependant because i was expecting the system will calculate for both of their IHS fees together.

Does this mean that i will not pay for the child IHS or i need to fill a separate form for him or how will go about this please.

Again my wife had her previous visiting visa refused before on 3 occasions(over 2 yrs ago before we got married) the reason for the refusal was that she had extended stay during one time with her visiting visa, she had stayed 5 months and 20 days the last time she came visiting, so am looking at any possible supporting explanation to this reason, though i raised the issue of during market research and helping the aunt to look after their children while they are on holiday, but UKVI refused that reason

Any help please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Joining Family Member as Wife or Parent?

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 am

Great Men in the house,
Not all members are "men"!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 am

2 x VAF4A forms and 2 x Appendix 2 forms.

£600 x 2 IHS fee.
though i raised the issue of during market research and helping the aunt to look after their children while they are on holiday,
This could be viewed as work, which is not permitted as a visitor even if unpaid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

holla007

Post by holla007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:51 am
Great Men in the house,
Not all members are "men"!!!
When you not sure who's at the other other end , you address the note as "SIr"!!!

holla007

Post by holla007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:54 am
2 x VAF4A forms and 2 x Appendix 2 forms.

£600 x 2 IHS fee.
though i raised the issue of during market research and helping the aunt to look after their children while they are on holiday,
This could be viewed as work, which is not permitted as a visitor even if unpaid.
is VAF4A Form not the same as Appendix 2 Form ?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm

VAF4A is the actual form online. Appendix 2 is a separate form you download, fill in and attach with the support document bundle.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

holla007

Post by holla007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm
VAF4A is the actual form online. Appendix 2 is a separate form you download, fill in and attach with the support document bundle.
Cheers mate, wasn't sure the name of the online form before. UKVI is a complicated and confused organisation seriously

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:08 pm

holla007 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 pm
When you not sure who's at the other other end , you address the note as "SIr"!!!
Not in this day and age. Try either "Dear Sir/Ma'am" or "To whom it may concern".

Remember that there are more than two genders (Facebook lists 71). Try to keep language as gender-neutral as possible, not just on this platform, but in any written medium as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Legal professionals still address with "Dear Sirs" lol
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

holla007

Post by holla007 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:24 am

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:08 pm
holla007 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:05 pm
Not in this day and age. Try either "Dear Sir/Ma'am" or "To whom it may concern".

Remember that there are more than two genders (Facebook lists 71). Try to keep language as gender-neutral as possible, not just on this platform, but in any written medium as well.
Unfortunately i dont do Facebook even before xxxxxx, xxxxxx etc and my religion ONLY recognise 2 genders, so anyone else can list millions !!!