ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with ccj

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

husnashareef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation with ccj

Post by husnashareef » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 am

Hi every one,
i'm about to apply for my Naturalization, unfortunately i have 1 ccj registered against me for non payment of debt (8000 pounds) . i recently made an arrangement with my creditor to pay in installments, and my installments will be going out from my account 11 of next month. I'm planning to apply on 15 of dec via NCS
My only question is : will ccj have an effect on my application.???
how soon can i apply for naturalization after making the payment.???

please reply as i don't have money to go this expensive solicitors...

please help.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation with ccj

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:13 pm

How do you qualify for citizenship if you only recently got ILR??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

husnashareef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by husnashareef » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. sorry if my post was bit confusing. i should have informed you earlier that i got Ilr in 2017 under long stay. i believe you can apply for naturalization after 12 month. ccj was registered against me early this year..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:03 pm

You posted on the 14th November 2018 that you were applying 'next week' at premium service centre??
husnashareef wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:11 pm
Hi shan101,
please update me with your application form i got premium appointment booked in for set LR next week don't know which form to use. now it only says apply online no paper form available please help and advise. quiet nervous.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/urgent-help- ... l#p1704304
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

husnashareef
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by husnashareef » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:56 pm

hi , that post was for my wife ilr which was approved. now it's me who is applying for naturalization. However i went through couple of forum and found out that they are few people who applied with ccj and got the approval letter.
what all they suggested on the form was get the payment letter from the creditor showing that you are making payments.
i'm waiting for the letter from my creditor once i get that will go ahead with the application.
will keep you posted.
Cheers.

Olax88
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Olax88 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello, I am in a similar situation and want to ask how was the process for you?