ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

parents' details on online MN and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

outoftrouble
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

parents' details on online MN and Passport application

Post by outoftrouble » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Hello,

I completed my online naturalisation application online and did not include my parents' detail (I selected I do not have the details) on my immigration advisor's advice. I left the section on the British passport application blank too on the same advice. Yes, I do have my parents' details.

on 28 Nov, At my NDRS and JCAP appointment the council officer noted I hadn't filled out that section on teh passport application. I explained what the immigration advisor said "It is only needed for applicants claiming British citizenship on their parents." She asked I write "Unkown parents' details' in section 8 (additional information) so it doesn't get queried." I complied so that the information matches what is in my naturalisation application.

1. I left worried and feeling naive. I am worried should my MN application be approved, my passport application will be rejected due to withholding information as I understand.

2. Can both applications be denied on that ground? Will I fail the good character requirement? Will I be banned from re-applying in teh next 10 years?

3. Should I write to both UKVI and HMPO and provide those details?

I would be grateful if a knowledgeable member could advise on these matters. Thank you