ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your Advice Please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lazarus

Your Advice Please

Post by Lazarus » Sat May 31, 2008 2:29 am

Just finished my degree and now I need a job. Cant work because I was an overstayer and my papers are currently with BIA.

The people who looks after my welfare are really fed up now of me and I need my own money.

Is there anyway I could get a job. Do you think I could ask BIA for a work permit or should i get my MP nvolved.

Been here 11 yrs now and papers with BIA 5 years now

Thank you

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sat May 31, 2008 7:30 am

This is a reality check for your mate.

Firstly, you are a overstayer (illegal)and at the risk of deportation and you are now in the hands of the BIA, who might decided deport you.

Secondly, I fully understand that anyone looking after has now a belly full.

I would advise you to return to your country of origin, with your degree and then try through regular means to either einter the UK with a work permit or seek work in your own country.

Life is hard and sooner you learn this the better, but you do have youth on your side, so goood luck.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat May 31, 2008 1:22 pm

If your situation is getting desperate, why don't you get your MP involved and ask for expediting a decision on your application. That way, you will know what you have to do.

I think there is a close-to-zero chance of getting permission to work while you are waiting.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:08 pm

They don't allow you to work untill your case is sorted. My asylum case has been pending for over 7 years and now i cant study or work.

I know what you must be feeling but it's just the system.

netacct

Post by netacct » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:21 pm

What happens during that time frame?
I mean what people actually do and how they support themselves? just curious to know...

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:16 pm

To be honest and frankly speaking, most of us work. I am kinda professional in what i do so i work from home.