ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M application - premium service experience

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Liverpool48
Newly Registered
Russia

FLR M application - premium service experience

Post by Liverpool48 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am

I wanted to post my experience following our spouse visa application via the premium service route at the Croydon Premium Service Centre.

Basically I was really impressed overall.

We had a horribly delayed fiancé visa application process that took 6 months and found the overall service to be appalling, so my expectations were understandably low.

Initially we had real challenges finding a free appointment slot but after a few days of trying a slot suddenly came up at Croydon 8.30 on 29th Nov. I had to pay £75 more due to the early time but having already paid £500 for IHS, £600 for premium service and over £1000 for the spouse visa application processing I wasn’t going to take issue with an £75.

Lots of people, including myself were unsure how much evidence was really required as the online application process suggests you need a lot, including birth certificates, etc.

My wife already had a fiancé visa granted in Sept 2018 and in our case birth certs and proof of ex partners addresses and English language test results were NOT required. I was relieved about this as it seemed illogical that the home office would want to check docs they had already validated as part of the fiancé visa process.

All staff were helpful and polite. We had no delays and were complete in 3 hours, inclusive of a 1.5 hour break when we went shopping whilst they checked our documents.

Unfortunately it was the last day of the current system and from today it transfers to a new service. I hope it settles quickly for all of you still seeking visa approvals.