ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maitenance of Funds - India Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2006

Maitenance of Funds - India Tier1

Post by hsmp2006 » Mon May 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Hi

I gather through this forum that minum balance requirement for Tier1 applicants (single) is 2800£ for 3 previous months and 1600£ additional for spouse.

Is there any transitionary period as is the case in UK. For example, these rules were introduced on 1st April, 2008. Even if you start maintaining required funds from this date, you can't meet the criteria until end of June. In UK, you don't need to show 2800£ till 29th June. Is this valid for India as well?

Second, can we show funds maitained in multiple bank accounts in India? These accounts are on main applicant's name. Would just bank statements (from multiple banks) be sufficient or we need to get a statement from CA (?)

Your help is deeply appreciated.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:38 pm

The answer to your first query is a NO. Funds in Indian bank should work too, but can't say if multiple accounts can be considered.

regards

push
United Kingdom

Re: Maitenance of Funds - India Tier1

Post by push » Mon May 19, 2008 8:44 pm

hsmp2006 wrote:Hi

For example, these rules were introduced on 1st April, 2008. Even if you start maintaining required funds from this date, you can't meet the criteria until end of June.
The date of applicability of rule is in no way related to the 3 month period. Whenever one decides to apply, he/she should have sufficient balance in his bank account in the 3 month period immediately prior to that date.
Second, can we show funds maitained in multiple bank accounts in India? These accounts are on main applicant's name. Would just bank statements (from multiple banks) be sufficient or we need to get a statement from CA (?)
Statements for multiple accounts can be submitted - just make sure that the same is clearly indicated in your cover letter. But if "multiple" runs into 3/4 accounts, it could be a bit of a hassel for the case worker.

Statement from CA is not required but some people submit it for their self satisfaction.

regards,

push_hsmp

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Thank you hsmpinuk70, push_hsmp.

push_hsmp:
We have three accounts in total.

Two for main applicant and one for spouse. We'll include covering letter to clearly mention funds breakup along with letters from bank. Fingers crossed, hope it wouldn't confuse the case worker.

We submitted statements from 3 different banks to claim point for "previous earnings" and it was accepted. Hope same would apply for "funds maintenance".

Do you know someone whose case for similar (for funds maitenance) and whose case was approved (or) it is something you've read in caseworker's manual?

Thanks again.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Previous earnings and maintenance funds are two different things. For previous earnings, the bank statements are used to verify that the salary was being credited to the acount on a monthly basis.

The maintenance fund clause would seek to verify whether or not you have been maintaining sufficient funds in your account (or is it the case that you got money from your friends/relatives just for the visa application).

The following is the excerpt from Uk border agency website:

"You must send one or a combination of the following: - effectively meaning that you are free to submit a number of documents in support of your case

personal bank or building society statements covering a period of three months;
building society passbook or passbooks covering a period of three months;
letter from your bank confirming the level of funds in your bank account and that they have been held in that account for at least three months;
letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority confirming funds.
This evidence must be an original document, on the official headed paper or stationery of the organisation and bearing the official stamp of that organisation. It must have been issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:

your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering a three-month period;
that there are sufficient funds present in the account on a regular basis that meet our minimum level of maintenance (funds) requirement; and
the receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account.
"

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Good point push_hsmp. Thank you very much indeed.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon May 19, 2008 9:36 pm

All the very best :)

hsmp2006 wrote:Good point push_hsmp. Thank you very much indeed.

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:04 pm

Hello,

I have a query: When I'm showing the 2800 Pounds for 3 month period, can I show the 6month-Fixed deposit ?? Or, should it be in my personal salary/savings account??

Deeply appreciate all the help I have received from this forum.Thanks in advance!!
Regards,
SS

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Good one .... don't search for answers on your own, post your question in different topics, appreciate the help given and thank in advance. And wish someone will spoon-feed you. Love it, don't you ? :lol: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#171121

Hope this makes you happy http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... mat#170777

regards
SS100 wrote:Hello,

I have a query: When I'm showing the 2800 Pounds for 3 month period, can I show the 6month-Fixed deposit ?? Or, should it be in my personal salary/savings account??

Deeply appreciate all the help I have received from this forum.Thanks in advance!!
Regards,
SS

SS100
Newly Registered

Post by SS100 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Thanks a ton for the precious link-THE ANSWER!!! :wink:

What do I do when I searched the forum for the precious valuable answer and I dont find any replies suitable?????????!!!!!!!!!

Post it somewhere, appropriate, ryt?! Thats what I did..
No offence meant :roll:

Anyways, tahnks for spoon feeding me!!

Regards,
SS

ganeshptrk

Covering letter when maintenance funds are more than one a/c

Post by ganeshptrk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:38 am

Hi,
My case is same as user 'hsmp2006'. My maintenance funds are spreaded in three accounts. I should also submit a covering letter. By any chance if you have already prepared the document, could you please send that to me at ganeshptrk@yahoo.com. I will edit the document with my details.

Thanks

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:36 pm

To act responsibly should be everyone's responsibility, wouldn't you agree ??

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5722

regards
SS100 wrote:What do I do when I searched the forum for the precious valuable answer and I dont find any replies suitable?????????!!!!!!!!!

Post it somewhere, appropriate, ryt?! Thats what I did..
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.