ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for getting united with EU citizen in ireland(Online_Love)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Options for getting united with EU citizen in ireland(Online_Love)

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Dear All,

I am from Pakistan and work in the middle east. two years ago, I met a lady on facebook who is originally from Poland who is living and working in Ireland for the last eleven years. We shared a common antiracism group, added each other there, and started chatting, which resulted in having feelings. Six months later, We planned our first meet up in Dubai, however , due to certain reasons we could not. Ever since we tried to meet up but either she had troubles or I was unable to meet up. This time we tried to meet up in Turkey, but unfortunately, I had my visa rejected. Now we are in the process of making plans yet again, somewhere.

That was the story in a few lines, here comes the trouble. She recently started to ask me questions, what are we going to do after this meetup, since it is hard for both of us to travel to each other frequently, especially for me, since I hold a Pakistani passport. Although we really, really like(we believe it is love that is why we are trying so hard for two years) each other the future looks bleak for us.

But yet, it is hard for us to give up. I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on potential ways to get together.

Regards,

ZZZ

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Options for getting united with EU citizen in ireland(Online_Love)

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

By 'get together' do you mean 'meet in person' or 'live together :?: :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm
Think the OP is asking about getting together to meet in person for the first time.

Any partner type visa would fail anyway if they haven't met yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Are you sure you are talking online with Ms. Perfect from Poland and not with Mr. Scam from Nigeria? No disrespect to any country but I guess you know what I mean.

If you want to live in Ireland with her, she must come to Ireland, work and exercise her EU treaty rights to sponsor you. If you just want to meet in person she can invite & sponsor you to visit in Poland in the start and then you can move together wherever you want. Alternately you can invite her to Pakistan, I don't see any troubles for EU national to get a visa for any Asian country.

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:31 pm
Are you sure you are talking online with Ms. Perfect from Poland and not with Mr. Scam from Nigeria? No disrespect to any country but I guess you know what I mean.

If you want to live in Ireland with her, she must come to Ireland, work and exercise her EU treaty rights to sponsor you. If you just want to meet in person she can invite & sponsor you to visit in Poland in the start and then you can move together wherever you want. Alternately you can invite her to Pakistan, I don't see any troubles for EU national to get a visa for any Asian country.
Sorry I missed the part where you said she is already in Ireland from eleven years. Partner visa must be hard to get, first try a visit visa and then see where it goes.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Dear Paddy,

thanks for the reply.
we know each other for the last two year, exchanging cards and small gifts. she has been the hardest to get lady in the whole of my life; not that she lives in Europe, but that she is really hard to get. I know whenever people hear of Asian/African nationalities associated with eastern European ladies, oit raises red flags for them, but remember we can never generalize. Moreover, I know she is no way a scam lol since she booked her tickets for UAE and both of us booked everything for turkey this time, but could not meet for unfortunate reasons.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 pm
Casa wrote:
Think the OP is asking about getting together to meet in person for the first time.

thanks. we will definitely meetup. but can we get together without getting married. both of us are not in to marriage but want to live together..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm

zeekowa89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:18 pm
Casa wrote:

thanks. we will definitely meetup. but can we get together without getting married. both of us are not in to marriage but want to live together..
If you are not able to show evidence of being in a durable relationship and living together as if in a marriage etc, any visa will fail. There are no 'boyfriend/girlfriend' type visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for the response.

So, it means unless we get married, which of course is feasible and practical for both of us after two meetups at least, we do not stand a chance.

We were thinking about applying for a tourist visa for me to Ireland, with her as a sponsor, but later thought it would be denied as I have a badly ranked passport.

Our best shot is two meetups and then a marriage? :(

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:56 pm

I was a bit scared that people would judge it as a sham relationship, but I am much relaxed now.

Thanks a lot, folks, for understanding and help.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Unless you will be studying or have an employment permit in Ireland, you would probably only qualify for a short stay (90 day) visa.

You don't qualify for a residence permit based on marriage, civil partnership, or de facto relationship. See Immigration Permissions and De Facto Relationships with an Irish National or Irish Resident

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm

thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I heard that if you get married to an EU Citizen who is resident in Ireland, you may get a stamp 4 family reunion if you are able to prove that relationship is genuine. correct me if I am wrong.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:47 pm

zeekowa89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm
thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I heard that if you get married to an EU Citizen who is resident in Ireland, you may get a stamp 4 family reunion if you are able to prove that relationship is genuine. correct me if I am wrong.
Assuming that you guys want to go ahead and get married you will need to apply for a tourist short stay visa (C) first. In order to get married in Ireland you and your Polish girlfriend will need to give the state 3 months notice and attend an interview to determine that this a "bona fide" relationship, ultimately the registrar conducting the interview will grant or not a licence based on his/her opinion of the genuineness of an application. Once that part is completed you will need to leave the country and wait for the outcome of the interview.

You can apply for a marriage visa after you and your Polish girlfriend have received an acknowledgement from the registrar confirming the date of receipt of notification of your intention to marry, it will be up to the registrar to decide if you are allowed to get married or not.

Once you are legally married a EU Treaty Rights application (link below) must be submitted in order to get a Stamp 4 EUFAM in Ireland.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks a million.

Marriages held outside Ireland are not considered, let's say in a third country, neither mine nor Ireland? Just curious.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:32 pm

zeekowa89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:24 pm
Thanks a million.

Marriages held outside Ireland are not considered, let's say in a third country, neither mine nor Ireland? Just curious.
If the marriage is legal in that third country then yes, it will be recognised in Ireland as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Bundle of thanks..

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am

max307 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:47 pm
zeekowa89 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Assuming that you guys want to go ahead and get married you will need to apply for a tourist short stay visa (C) first. In order to get married in Ireland you and your Polish girlfriend will need to give the state 3 months notice and attend an interview to determine that this a "bona fide" relationship, ultimately the registrar conducting the interview will grant or not a licence based on his/her opinion of the genuineness of an application. Once that part is completed you will need to leave the country and wait for the outcome of the interview.

You can apply for a marriage visa after you and your Polish girlfriend have received an acknowledgement from the registrar confirming the date of receipt of notification of your intention to marry, it will be up to the registrar to decide if you are allowed to get married or not.

Once you are legally married a EU Treaty Rights application (link below) must be submitted in order to get a Stamp 4 EUFAM in Ireland.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights
I was reading about the short stay c visa; it says that the applicant has to furnish sufficient documents to prove to the visa officer that s/he will return to his country of stay. Having said that, let's suppose I apply for a short stay C visa, I have to provide proofs pertaining to my commitment to return to Pakistan, however, on the other hand, I am applying for a C visa as a base to permanently move to my GF Ireland, I am confused and i believe that this is a paradoxical situation, isn't it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:34 am

Yes, which is why the application for a visitor visa stands a very slim chance of being granted.

I would focus first on meeting in person...in Pakistan for example :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Casa wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:34 am
Yes, which is why the application for a visitor visa stands a very slim chance of being granted.

Thanks a lot.
I would be the happiest person in this world if she agreed to visit Pakistan because it would be cheaper and easier to move around. Apart from that, I would like her to meet my family here.

Alright, Let's say we meet once or twice, then what? again a C visa or a different approach?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

zeekowa89 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 pm
Casa wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:34 am

Thanks a lot.
I would be the happiest person in this world if she agreed to visit Pakistan because it would be cheaper and easier to move around. Apart from that, I would like her to meet my family here.

Alright, Let's say we meet once or twice, then what? again a C visa or a different approach?
As the moderator mentioned above your chances of getting a short visitor visa (C) are very low.

I would stick to your plan of meeting in Pakistan or in the third country you are currently working in, you can always apply for a short visitor visa (C) but unlikely you will be granted one.

zeekowa89
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by zeekowa89 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am

Thanks Max. So that means, after a few meetups we have to get married if we want to live together, no other way.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

zeekowa89 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am
Thanks Max. So that means, after a few meetups we have to get married if we want to live together, no other way.
You could always apply for a visa from you home country or the country you are currently living in, I'm not sure you will get it though.

Once you are legally married certainly will help your case.