ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1E to ILR plus dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rafeeq1144

Re: T1E to ILR plus dependents

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 am

Thanks CR001, its clear now.

An other query for experts :)

i am planing to apply just for me and my wife. I have 2 kids born here and they already have same leave remain as parents. I am not applying for them as once we get ILR we will apply for their citizan ship.

Please if anyone can share format/wording of letter we can send with our application so we can avoid home office letter of explanation about kids.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 am

There is no 'template' letter and you don't have to inform HO when you apply for ILR about the kids, but no harm in doing so. HO might still write to you and ask so they have an official paper trail, then reply simply by stating that you plan on Registering your 2 UK born children as British Citizens under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act once your/spouse ILR is granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:21 am
There is no 'template' letter and you don't have to inform HO when you apply for ILR about the kids, but no harm in doing so. HO might still write to you and ask so they have an official paper trail, then reply simply by stating that you plan on Registering your 2 UK born children as British Citizens under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act once your/spouse ILR is granted.
If the child has valid leave to remain for another 8 months , do they still ask the same ? Or they only ask when child become over stayer during parents application ? Any previous case have you heard on this ? Please share

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 am

waseem84 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 am
CR001 wrote:
If the child has valid leave to remain for another 8 months , do they still ask the same ? Or they only ask when child become over stayer during parents application ? Any previous case have you heard on this ? Please share

Thanks
Yes, they will likely still ask. It all has to do with child protection and safeguarding children etc. Small children (under 10) do not have to meet the good character requirement and therefore any period of no visa is irrelevant to their citizenship application as they have an entitlement to register.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waseem84
India

Post by waseem84 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 am
waseem84 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Yes, they will likely still ask. It all has to do with child protection and safeguarding children etc. Small children (under 10) do not have to meet the good character requirement and therefore any period of no visa is irrelevant to their citizenship application as they have an entitlement to register.
Thanks you CR001

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 am
waseem84 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks
Thanks CR001 for valuable information and advice

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:30 am
She needs IELTS SELT not ESOL.
Dear CR001,

I think you misunderstood him, Trinty College is giving the certificates like the certificate below:

https://ibb.co/dVkfMo

It is acceptable.
It is the only certificate for B1-Grade 5 Spoken English with Trinty College and the HO accept it.
You can check and reply please
Thanks

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am

Rafeeq1144 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 am
hi again,

with reference to following post i was reading today by CR001 for someone else:

{by CR001 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:15 am
No she cannot. She needs to do the B1 SELT IELTS.

Note that ESOL is no longer accepted.}

my wife is applying ILR with me and she did

Her English Certificate saying

Mrs XXXX
is Awarded
Grade 5
Graded Examination in Spoken English
Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)
CEFR Level B1.1

Trinity London Hammersmith SELT Centre- Februry 2018

I am not sure if she did the right one? she is applying in 3 weeks. please confirm is she need to do different or this one is ok.

Thanks in advance
It is the correct test,
Please see the certificates below and the screenshot from Trinty college website:

https://ibb.co/g5sOro
https://ibb.co/eH5nHT
https://ibb.co/b3F9Wo
cert link with students name removed by moderatot

All certificates, the old and the new says "Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)"

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am
Rafeeq1144 wrote:
hi again,

Mrs XXXX
is Awarded
Grade 5
Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)
CEFR Level B1.1

I am not sure if she did the right one? she is applying in 3 weeks. please confirm is she need to do different or this one is ok.

Thanks in advance
It is the correct test,
Please see the certificates below and the screenshot from Trinty college website:

All certificates, the old and the new says "Entry Level Certificate in ESOL International (Speaking and Listening) (Entry 3)"

yes its same certificate that you share in link. but i also get confirmation from trinty college and they send me UKBA link where its saying this test acceptable and their test centre is also in the list.

Thanks anyway

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Rafeeq1144 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 pm
jafersadeq wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:12 am
Rafeeq1144 wrote:
hi again,

Mrs XXXX
is Awarded
Grade 5
CEFR Level B1.1

Thanks in advance
It is the correct test,

yes its same certificate that you share in link. but i also get confirmation from trinty college and they send me UKBA link where its saying this test acceptable and their test centre is also in the list.

Thanks anyway
Great,
Dear CR001,
Please note that the certificates mentioned above are not ESOL the Home Office canceled, the Trinity College says that their certificates are acceptable for ILR, Naturalization applications.

We thank you for the advice and your help.

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm

can anyone guide me what option should I choose?

In cohabitation documents I have supplied/provided Council tax with me and my wife name. other then that I don't have any joint account/Utilitty and all our bank accounts are separate. Also I am not getting any third party support. what should I choose for following yes or No?

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
(Required)

Yes

No
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
(Required)

Yes

No

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Rafeeq1144 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:24 pm

In cohabitation documents I have supplied/provided Council tax with me and my wife name. other then that I don't have any joint account/Utilitty and all our bank accounts are separate. Also I am not getting any third party support. what should I choose for following yes or No?

Consent for the Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support
Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
(Required)

Yes

No
Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
(Required)

Yes

No
hi CR001, zimba or any other expert please if you can help with above query?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Rafeeq1144 wrote:

(Required)

Yes

No
(Required)

Yes

No
Yes and No would be the easiest way
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:34 pm

marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 pm
Rafeeq1144 wrote:

(Required)

Yes

No
(Required)

Yes

No
Yes and No would be the easiest way
Thanks Marcnath

Rafeeq1144

How to register UK born child when parents have ILR

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi experts, thanks for your help and informative support through out process.
i received my ILR today.

now i need to apply naturalization for my 2 UK born child. can any one guide me what to do next please.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to register UK born child when parents have ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Rafeeq1144 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:31 pm
now i need to apply naturalization for my 2 UK born child. can any one guide me what to do next please.
Please post your MN1 citizenship application questions in the British Citizenship sub forum. ILR sub forum is not the correct place for citizenship questions.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Rafhasshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Rafhasshah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm

can you please tell me in how much time you got your response of your ILR.

Rafeeq1144

Post by Rafeeq1144 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Rafhasshah wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 pm
can you please tell me in how much time you got your response of your ILR.
4 month

please check time line topic for all details

bajo85
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Re: T1E to ILR main applicant applying only without dependents

Post by bajo85 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Stop listening to other stories, you might not know the full details and yes HO can and do write to ask about children especially if children have had dependent visas. All people have to respond is that MN1 under Section 1(3) will be applied once ILR is granted. No big deal!!

There is no 'minimum residence' period for small children.

Your topics have been merged where you have already been given advice, which has not changed.
Dear moderator CR001

I am applying in Feb. 19 for ILR without my family who got leave to remain until Sep. 19 as tier 1 (Entrepreneur) dependants. Not applying for wife and children because they will be travelling abroad for holidays in April and July.

I just saw your comment/advice to a forum member “All people have to respond is that MN1 under Section 1(3) will be applied once ILR is granted”. This point is helpful for me, please elaborate this point, I know nothing about it. Your explanation would help me in writing explanatory covering letter.

I am thinking about writing a covering letter with the application explaining why my dependants are not applying with me.

I’ll be highly obliged to you.

I am sorry if this post shows in Rafeeq1144’s thread as I tried my best to copy the link but couldn’t copy the link

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T1E to ILR main applicant applying only without dependents

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:30 pm

bajo85 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Stop listening to other stories, you might not know the full details and yes HO can and do write to ask about children especially if children have had dependent visas. All people have to respond is that MN1 under Section 1(3) will be applied once ILR is granted. No big deal!!

There is no 'minimum residence' period for small children.

Your topics have been merged where you have already been given advice, which has not changed.
Dear moderator CR001

I am applying in Feb. 19 for ILR without my family who got leave to remain until Sep. 19 as tier 1 (Entrepreneur) dependants. Not applying for wife and children because they will be travelling abroad for holidays in April and July.

I just saw your comment/advice to a forum member “All people have to respond is that MN1 under Section 1(3) will be applied once ILR is granted”. This point is helpful for me, please elaborate this point, I know nothing about it. Your explanation would help me in writing explanatory covering letter.

I am thinking about writing a covering letter with the application explaining why my dependants are not applying with me.

I’ll be highly obliged to you.

I am sorry if this post shows in Rafeeq1144’s thread as I tried my best to copy the link but couldn’t copy the link
Can you please start your own topic with your questions. You have already been asked in another members thread not to tag onto other topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)