ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years Work History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jackjohny
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

10 years Work History

Post by Jackjohny » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Dear All,

I am applying for my naturalisation based on tier 2+ILR+1 Year. to give you the background i came to uk on student visa, then to PSW, Tier 2.

I have worked during my student visa period, as it was allowed 20hrs for masters students back then, Worked a lot of over time as well during vacation time but passed my degree in time, never had issues with visa renewals, no gap between visas, no convictions

But now the issue is i don't have any payslips, p60 etc for the employment during the student period as it 9 year old, if HO request them. Has anybody got refusals for the employment during Student visa?

thanks,

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years Work History

Post by hamzababy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:35 am

dont worry , everyone worked alot of over time on student visa back then ;). ( during holidays offcourse :lol: ).

i was in same boat , i actually forgot my duration of various jobs and details of so many part time jobs i was in and out off ... and i had left the uk for 3 years too.

so i just skipped all them years 08 to 13 and wrote from when i kept record of it upon returning to uk in 13.

but i never had issues with hmrc/ immigration or any other run in with law ..

if thats all good , dw about it ( you will be fine )

register with hmrc online and it will show all your contributions from last 5 years and jobs you were at , write them down. ( thats how i done it )

also term time we were allowed 20hrs and out of term time 40hrs i think so they dont go into details of working out if someone worked full time or part time . you cannot even determine that , for example if you done 20 hours at £25/hr , your income will look like full time but infact its part time job on a v high hourly rate , you get me ..

thats my personal advise ( worked for me , every case is different ) moderators might tell you to contact hmrc to get last ten year history which take couple of weeks to come in post and fill in exact details in your employment ...

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:32 am

Hi or you could maybe apply for SAR for the details of your employment.

Marikistin
Philippines

Post by Marikistin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:33 am

Hi or you could maybe apply for SAR for the details of your employment.

Jackjohny
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jackjohny » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 am

hamzababy wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:35 am
dont worry , everyone worked alot of over time on student visa back then ;). ( during holidays offcourse :lol: ).

i was in same boat , i actually forgot my duration of various jobs and details of so many part time jobs i was in and out off ... and i had left the uk for 3 years too.

so i just skipped all them years 08 to 13 and wrote from when i kept record of it upon returning to uk in 13.

but i never had issues with hmrc/ immigration or any other run in with law ..

if thats all good , dw about it ( you will be fine )

register with hmrc online and it will show all your contributions from last 5 years and jobs you were at , write them down. ( thats how i done it )

also term time we were allowed 20hrs and out of term time 40hrs i think so they dont go into details of working out if someone worked full time or part time . you cannot even determine that , for example if you done 20 hours at £25/hr , your income will look like full time but infact its part time job on a v high hourly rate , you get me ..

thats my personal advise ( worked for me , every case is different ) moderators might tell you to contact hmrc to get last ten year history which take couple of weeks to come in post and fill in exact details in your employment ...
Hi.. Thank you for your response.. I completely get your point.. Just wanted to see if anyone got rejections if they mention the employment details (during student visa). you seem to have skipped that part in your application.

Moderators - Kindly help please

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Post by hamzababy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Jackjohny wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 am

Hi.. Thank you for your response.. I completely get your point.. Just wanted to see if anyone got rejections if they mention the employment details (during student visa). you seem to have skipped that part in your application.

Moderators - Kindly help please
i was as concerned as you are atm and wanted to get it all right ( after all we have been law abiding residents for years ) ... but then a friend of mine and also a member on this forum confirmed they had skipped part of employment history during student years they dint remember/ or kept record off , and it didnt have any effect on the outcome of their applications or mine ,positive outcome in these 3 cases that i am aware off.

another thing which i wanted to do was , to request hmrc by post to send me my past 10 years history they officially have on system , i am not sure what it is called .. but it does take a month to come through .. so if you want to be 100% satisfied thats the way to go or you can take a chance by skipping few years and start writing down from years which you remember ... ( remember you dont need to provide any payslips or p60s , only EU citizens who have to give evidence that they were in the country during all this time need to provide that )