ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does a CCJ in 2013 effect ILR application in 2018?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saimainpindi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Does a CCJ in 2013 effect ILR application in 2018?

Post by saimainpindi » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 am

Greetings,

I am requesting the Immigration Boards Guru to please respond to my query.
Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Please help me with this.

Section E 'Personal History' is asking in E5 if I have had any UK court judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?

I was advised by a friend to look for a free credit report check. Upon checking the report, there is an entry of CCJ in 2013 which is 5 Years and 3 months old record. The judgement was raised when I was not living at that address and hence I never get to know about it until today!

How should I respond to this question?

I have a Premium Service booked which means the decision would be taken on spot.

What should I do about it. I have little time to appear for my appointment with the home office?

Thank you

saimainpindi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Does a CCJ in 2013 effect ILR application in 2018?

Post by saimainpindi » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 am

Further to add.

Since I have been in the UK, I have successfully been making applications with the HO and since I was not aware of this judgement, in all of my past application for visas, I have always says NO on this question. For example, a similar question was asked when I submitted my application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur and I said NO on this question and was granted a visa.

Its just that I have found out about it and not sure now what to answer in my ILR application.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 am

saimainpindi wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 am
Greetings,

Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Section E 'Personal History' is asking in E5 if I have had any UK court judgement against you for non-payment of a debt, or received a civil penalty under UK Immigration Acts?

I was advised by a friend to look for a free credit report check. Upon checking the report, there is an entry of CCJ in 2013 which is 5 Years and 3 months old record. The judgement was raised when I was not living at that address and hence I never get to know about it until today!

I have a Premium Service booked which means the decision would be taken on spot.

What should I do about it. I have little time to appear for my appointment with the home office?

Thank you

Hi..did you get your ILR ?i have 2 CCJ on my name which is making me nervous now ..Thanks

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:35 am

pola 23 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 am
saimainpindi wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 am
Greetings,

Thank you

Hi..did you get your ILR ?i have 2 CCJ on my name which is making me nervous now ..Thanks
Start googling please
CCJ is simply a county court order to pay some debt and it is a civil issue. If you pay a CCJ within a month, the CCJ will be removed altogether from the register. So you should have nothing to worry for ILR. CCJs generally have no effect on ILR unless they remain unpaid without any arrangement/plan for debt repayment.
First result on the google : indefinite-leave-to-remain/ccj-and-ilr-t257425.html
II Youths a stuff neve endures II