ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Passport After Attending Ceremony- ( by passing jcap process )

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Applying Passport After Attending Ceremony- ( by passing jcap process )

Post by hamzababy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi Moderators and forum members

I have citizenship ceremony this coming week. i applied through ndrs/jcap.

after collecting my British citizenship certificate from council , can i send it to passport office myself with a cover letter explaining my urgency of obtaining passport along with council jcap appointment receipt and a copy of reservation of air tickets etc ( quoting my jcap reference number / bar code .. so they know they already have forms and payment is done... )

if you think about it , that is all what council does but indirectly. they will inform home office and in return home office will inform passport office while you will have physical naturalisation certificate at home..

( can i by pass this step by sending certificate directly to HMPO or HMPO strictly follow instructions from HO only )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying Passport After Attending Ceremony- ( by passing jcap process )

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 pm

No you can't. They will process your passport for delivery once they have been notified you have attended the ceremony.

HMPO will already know you have been approved etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Post by hamzababy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:23 pm
No you can't. They will process your passport for delivery once they have been notified you have attended the ceremony.

HMPO will already know you have been approved etc.

ok thanks , you reckon passport should be recieved in two weeks of attendig ceremony ..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Usually within 1 to 2 weeks yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.