ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permission after taking marraige with polish wife.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inpoland
Newly Registered

Work permission after taking marraige with polish wife.

Post by inpoland » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Hello All,
Please help me in this regard that i am non European (Asian) took marriage here in Poland and my wife is polish national so i want know that still do i need work permission / permit to do work here in Poland and other European Union......
And one more question that what is this European work permit and how i can get this......
if yes so how i can get this work permission....

waiting for your kind reply.....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 pm

There are two different aspects to this. Firstly, in Poland itself, you have no EU rights and accordingly the answer to your question is given by Polish immigration law, not EU law. Personally I have no knowledge of what Polish immigration law says, but maybe your wife can find out?

Living and working in other EU countries? Poland is of course an A8 country, and is therefore still in the transitional period after joining the EU back on 01.05.04. So, for example, your wife currently has no right to be employed in Germany. But a number of countries such as the UK have gone further, and allows A8 national to work, as long as they register on a Worker Registration Scheme.

So if you and your wife intend to move to the UK, she can do so merely using her Polish passport. As for you, you would apply at the British Embassy in Warsaw for an EEA Family Permit. The application would be free. Actually when making that statement I am assuming you are legally resident in Poland, rather than just a visitor. So what is your immigration status in Poland?

If you do get an EEA Family Permit, that would entitle you to live and work in the UK.
John

inpoland
Newly Registered

Post by inpoland » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks jhon for your kind advise......

when i came to Poland i was on student visa and after took marriage now i have 2 year Residence Card, (karta Pobytu)..

So your opinion is that what i understand my wife first apply for Worker Registration Scheme and when she go this registration then i apply for EEA Family Permit......

if i m wrong then plz advise me more........
Once again thanks
waiting for you kind reply......

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:06 pm

OK, there is no problem you applying for your EEA Family Permit in Warsaw. You do not need to travel to your home country to make that application.
So your opinion is that what i understand my wife first apply for Worker Registration Scheme and when she go this registration then i apply for EEA Family Permit......
Not quite, I do not think you have to wait until your wife is registered on the WRS. I think you can apply for your EEA Family Permit while she is still in Poland, and then after you have your Permit the two of you can travel to the UK together.

It just needs to be clear that your wife does indeed intend to travel to the UK and then seek work there, and register on the WRS, or indeed exercise her EU Treaty Rights in the UK in some other way.
John

inpoland
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by inpoland » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:01 am

Jhon i m really very great full to you for this Helpful Answer.

But i have one confusion that if my wife has job offer from uk employee or without job offer/Contract then she can apply for WRS or Without Job Offer she can apply for WRS...
And She can apply here in Poland in British Embassy or send Documents in UK.........

And when she get this Registration Number then i can Apply for Visa EEA Family Member that we want move to uk for Finding or doing work.......

Plz Plz Plz reply me with you kind advise......

Waitin for you kind reply..

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:30 pm

I think I have already answered most of this above. Please re-read.

As to when your wife would apply under the WRS, I think that is after she gets to the UK, and after she starts work, the requirement being to make the application shortly thereafter, and indeed to show the employer that the application has been made.
John