ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office have no record of my Tier 1 (General)Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjforever
Newly Registered

Home Office have no record of my Tier 1 (General)Application

Post by sjforever » Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so go easy on me :)

I recently sent in a tier 1 PBS application on 15th May 2008. The payment was deducted the same day and I received a letter with my reference number on it.

The following week I sent in some additional documentation that I hadnt received at the time of my application (i.e. original maintenance fund personal bank statements).

I then called the Home Office on Monday 26th May to check if the new document had been added to my application. On giving them my reference number, name and date of birth I was told that they had no record of my application on the database and that it normally takes 'about 2 weeks' for the application to show up on their databases. They suggested I called back at the end of the week.

I called back today (30th May) and the response was the same. They still have no record of my application on their system more than 2 weeks after deducting payment.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this normal ?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Home Office have no record of my Tier 1 (General)Applica

Post by push » Fri May 30, 2008 8:42 pm

The status of ur application will change when it is allocated to a caseworker.

sjforever wrote:Hi all,

I am new to this forum so go easy on me :)

I recently sent in a tier 1 PBS application on 15th May 2008. The payment was deducted the same day and I received a letter with my reference number on it.

The following week I sent in some additional documentation that I hadnt received at the time of my application (i.e. original maintenance fund personal bank statements).

I then called the Home Office on Monday 26th May to check if the new document had been added to my application. On giving them my reference number, name and date of birth I was told that they had no record of my application on the database and that it normally takes 'about 2 weeks' for the application to show up on their databases. They suggested I called back at the end of the week.

I called back today (30th May) and the response was the same. They still have no record of my application on their system more than 2 weeks after deducting payment.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is this normal ?

sjforever
Newly Registered

clarification

Post by sjforever » Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Are you saying that the application shows up on their system only after it has been allocated to a caseworker ?

push
United Kingdom

Re: clarification

Post by push » Fri May 30, 2008 11:48 pm

sjforever wrote:Are you saying that the application shows up on their system only after it has been allocated to a caseworker ?
See, the fact that you have a reference number clearly means that your application is with them. There is a long delay between the time when the application reaches them (the payment is processed & reference no. allocated) and the time when it is allocated to a caseworker. As that seems to be the second tracking point, I would assume that the status will be updated then only. There is no other status to update otherwise.

Drop them a line quoting a reference number - you might get some comforting response.

regards,

push_hsmp

surmui

Post by surmui » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:18 pm

sjforever,

did you sent in the additional documents on the same Durham add as for PBS application?

I need to sent in few,so I was just curious.

Thanks in advance :?

sjforever
Newly Registered

Change of circumstances/details address

Post by sjforever » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi,

In response to your question, I called up the HO and asked for an address that I could send the additional doc. I was advised to add a coering letter with my reference number, nationality, date of birth and an explanation of the change I wanted to make.

Note that this address is not the same as the Durham address...apparently Durham is only the payment processing centre.

Address as follows:

Tier 1 Application
UK Border Agency
p.o. box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

I would still advise that you verify these details on the bia website. specifically at this address to do with chnaging/amending an application :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ancesform/

Thanks
SJ

surmui

Post by surmui » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi
thankyou very much for the reply.
I had to sent in renewed passports for dependents now,they were not available at the time of application but am a bit scared of thinking that the BIA might lose them if the add is not the correct one.

I shall call the HO first and confirm again.

anyway goodluck with your application. :)