ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC got Rejected on May-30-2008 - Agony

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siva
Newly Registered

Post by Siva » Sat May 31, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Friends,

I got my HSMP approval letter on Dec-10-2007. I could not able to apply the EC as quickly as possible. I was trying to enquire the details on Apr-10-2008. I went to VFS office, they told me that as I got the HSMP on Dec-10-2007, I am coming under the procedure of VAF2. With that believe, I just applied my EC on Apr-18-2008. I was waiting all these days to hear the good news, but yesterday I got passport alone from VFS office. And refusal letter saying that [b]I did not maintain 2800 pounds [/b]for the last 3 months.

Please dont listen the VFS people and their useless words. Actually I asked them the reason, they told me that we were not received any mail from BHC that is the reason, we said to follow the VAF2 form. But after they changed like that.....Anyway it is my mistake also.

Now i need to clarify from you people that,
All my originals are with BHC and if i am going to apply for the Administrative review it will take further delay on this.
So i am thinking to do the fresh application. For that i need my originals to apply again.

Will the BHC handover all my originals in a single day, if i am not going to apply for the Administrative review?
Or can i submit the additional documents like Payslips and Bank Statements alongwith passport to BHC and asking for the EC again and using the early 17000 INR?

Please advice me on this.

Moreover my HSMP approval letter last date is Jun-10-2008. I need you people advice and suggestion very quickly.

Thanks in advance,
Siva

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sat May 31, 2008 4:18 pm

Do you mean that BHC has retained every document that you sent with your EC application or the just the original HSMP approval letter?

Anyhow, draft a good covering note explaining your situation in light of the recent rejection. Provide adequate documentary evidence of maintenance funds along with the application and if all the remaining supporting documents (inlcuding the HSMP letter) are with the BHC, highlight that in the cover letter.

If it is only the HSMP letter that the BHC has in its possession, then provide all the necessary documentary evidence including that for maintenance funds and attach a photocopy of your HSMP letter (if you do not have a photocopy, then mention the HSMP reference no. in the cover letter; if you have neither, you're in trouble!).

Be absolutely clear about the maintenance funds requirement:-
1. Min. amount for main applicant = GBP 2800.
2. Min. amount for each dependent = GBP 1600.
3. The money should have been in your account for 3 months i.e.- the account balance should not fall below the min. amount even for a single day during the 3 months.
4. FDs/shares/demat/PPF/PF/insurance cannot be used a evidence of maintenance funds.
5. Provide evidence of source of funds if there are significant transactions showing in your account (e.g.- amount higher than your salary being credited into the account).
6. You can use joint account with your spouse or an individual account in your name for the purpose of maintenance funds. Not sure though if a joint account with other relatives (parents/siblings) is acceptable.

Since you have very little time before your HSMP approval expires, do not make any mistake this time. Make sure you meet all the qualifying criteria this time .... so that ECO has no excuse to reject your application.

Also, attach a copy of the rejection letter too.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat May 31, 2008 6:35 pm

I have never come across a case in which all the originals were retained by BHC.Can you please confirm that it is not just the original HSMP approvalletter that they have held back?

VFS has no role whatsoever in approving the EC. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all the dox are submitted as required by the guidelines.

regards,

push_hsmp

mangop
Newly Registered

Welcome to the club

Post by mangop » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:04 pm

Siva,

Review petition will not help. Apply fresh immediately with new form. VAF9A and VAF9B. Also, see to it you have maintained the balance of 2800 pounds (if you are single applicant) or accordingly for last 3 months in your salary account. For some reason for last 3 months you had balance lesser than maintenance amount than your HSMP approval is of no use. I understand that your original HSMP approval is retained by BHC, thats not the problem, you can apply with it's xerox copy.

Due to change in rule and non training in VFS, even I got refusal also my HSMP approval's 6 months validity was over on 1st May. I will have to now apply in Tier 1. It will cost me another 51,000. It's unfortunate,very Painful situation. VFS shouldn't have accepted old forms for new rules.

New forms are pretty straight forward, less subjective and very process oriented. It leaves no scope for human decision. Very straight forward. If you are lucky that you had maintained balance in last 3 months you will get thru in reapplication as you still have 10 day to apply.

All the best.

mangop

Siva
Newly Registered

Post by Siva » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:42 pm

hi

Please guys, advice me about this point

"3. The money should have been in your account for 3 months i.e.- the account balance should not fall below the min. amount even for a single day during the 3 months. "

Are you sure about the above point?

Is it true? In my case, from Mar-14-2008, i was maintaining the 2800 POUNDS on daily basis. Before that i was not having the balance on daily basis. I assumed that EC people will consider the end of the month balance. At the same time, my HSMP date will over by Jun 10 2008.

What should i do?

For your information, BHC has returned only my Passport and Refusal letter. All my Originals(Degree certificate) and HSMP Approval letter with them only.

Thanks in advance
Siva

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:08 pm

The balance should never fall below the minimum, even for a day. This is what the guidance note says:

1. Personal bank or equivalent statements covering the 3 month period immediately preceding the application.
The personal bank or equivalent statements should clearly show:

The applicant’s name;
The account number;
The date of the statement;
The financial institution’s name and logo;
Transactions covering the three month period;
That there are sufficient funds present in the account i.e. the balance must always be at least £2800/£800;
The receipt of funds along with regular withdrawals from the account, where appropriate.

Statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day are not sufficient. - meaning that they will not be interested in just tthe end of month balances !!

Re the original documents, you should immediately contact BHC.

regards,

Push_hsmp

Tibu

same boat...

Post by Tibu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:08 pm

my time lines are same as siva.....and got rejected on the same day
i didnt get my dox back. i have got only the letter of rejection and passport.
when i enquired BHC. they have told me i need to fill VAF9A and 9B form along with that i need to submitt the Rejection Letter and a covering leter.....

My Problem is that my minimum Maintance for the period i am going to claim is 2821 Pounds if the 1GBP = Rs. 85. if this crosses i would have to wait for a couple of weeks . Here my question would be if Pound value doesnt appreciate more and stays at 85. Can i apply with a minimum Maintenance value of 2821 pounds.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: same boat...

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Use forex rate applicable on the day your bank account statement was issued (this is for mainteance fund requirement) or on the date of last transaction in the account.

And apply soon rather than waiting for any further appreciation (or depreciation) in forex. You cannot predict forex fluctuations and neither can the ECO.

regards
Tibu wrote:my time lines are same as siva.....and got rejected on the same day
i didnt get my dox back. i have got only the letter of rejection and passport.
when i enquired BHC. they have told me i need to fill VAF9A and 9B form along with that i need to submitt the Rejection Letter and a covering leter.....

My Problem is that my minimum Maintance for the period i am going to claim is 2821 Pounds if the 1GBP = Rs. 85. if this crosses i would have to wait for a couple of weeks . Here my question would be if Pound value doesnt appreciate more and stays at 85. Can i apply with a minimum Maintenance value of 2821 pounds.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.