ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different kind of stamps for bank statements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marriage Certificate Issue

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:04 am

Hi guys

I’ll keep this short because i’m on my phone. My Chinese wife and I are planning to apply for a spouse visa this upcoming February, but we have an issue regarding our marriage certificates. We have been given two copies, one for us each, but my wife tore hers up during one of our highly-charged arguments. Would it be okay to apply using just my copy, or will we need hers as well?

My wife is pretty convinced that just my copy will do, but I wanted to ask on here just to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Marriage Certificate Issue

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 am

One is fine. Make sure the certificate in Chinese is translated to English too and submit both.

If it's indeed just a copy then get it certified too to certify that it is a true copy and submit that too.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:38 am

Thanks!

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

When to apply for UK spouse visa

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Hello everyone

My wife (Chinese) and I (British) have started preparing documents for her UK spouse visa. We plan to have the visa appointment on March 1st, so when would be the best time to apply and book the appointment?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: When to apply for UK spouse visa

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:44 pm

What appointment? Do you mean bio-metrics?

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 pm

yeah, biometrics and other stuff. was just looking at this article for help:

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa- ... isa-centre (step 13)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:09 am

Mattjspencer91 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 pm
yeah, biometrics and other stuff. was just looking at this article for help:

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa- ... isa-centre (step 13)
This is incorrect information :!:

VFS Global are simply handling agents and their role as they themselves describe it is "to manage the administrative and non-judgemental tasks related to visa, passport, identity management and other citizen services for its client governments."

There is no interview and the applicant won't be asked questions such as the validity of the relationship etc. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:00 am

oh i see

but there is an appointment to be made after the application is made though, right?

any answer to my original question would be much appreciated

🙂

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:30 am

You can start the online application anytime. But as soon as you have all your support documents you need to submit online application. As part of the process after submission of online application you will be given choice of slots for the biometrics.

You cannot chose a biometrics date before submitting application online.

Bio-metrics appointments are to take finger prints and passport. They do not hold interviews. A long time ago when embassies used to deal with settlement visa, interviews were held.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:58 am

thank you Londoner007

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mailing and document expiration

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 am

Hi everyone

My wife (Chinese) and I (British) will hopefully be attending our biometrics appointment at the end of February 2019. I'm just a bit concerned about some of our documents expiring before they arrive in Sheffield e.g. payslips. My payslips are issued on the 14th of every month, if we attend the appointment on the 28th February, and mail the documents on the same day, how long will they take to arrive? And if they have expired by the time they arrive, will the application then be refused?

Seems harsh that a visa could be refused down to the documents not arriving on time.

Thanks in advance for your responses

Matt

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Re: Mailing and document expiration

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:32 am

All documents need to be within last 28days of online application submission.

The most recent payslip should be within 28 days and the other need to be stamped and signed by HR if they are issued electronically. Other docuents such as bank statements, mortgage statements, letters from employer etc.. need to be within 28 days

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm

So if I were to apply on the 21st February say, I would then have 28 days from that date to mail the documents, or to mail the documents and have them arrive?

Still a bit confused :oops:

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 pm

Mattjspencer91 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:49 pm
So if I were to apply on the 21st February say, I would then have 28 days from that date to mail the documents, or to mail the documents and have them arrive?

Still a bit confused :oops:

What I meant was all docs you are sending must be dated within 28 days preceding your application date i.e. 21st Feb. After you applied, then you will have 10 -20 days to send you documents depending on priority or non priority

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:42 am

okay i understand now

thanks for your response

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am

@ ukvisa123 not correct and wrong information. Only financial and employment docs need to be within 28 day rule, e.g payslips, employment letter and bank statements. All other docs have to be up to date and newest as possible.

As for sending support docs to Sheffield you have 10 working day for priority applications and 20 working days for non-priority applications.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:19 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am
Only financial and employment docs need to be within 28 day rule, e.g payslips, employment letter and bank statements. All other docs have to be up to date and newest as possible.
The guidance only tells that the documents shouldn't be older than 28 days without mentioning any pacific one. Therefore, as a precaution wherever possible other non-financial documents which doesn't carry date of expiry such as landlord NOC letter, property inspection report (not all carries expiry date) etc be within 28 days as well.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am

Yes - Key words precaution and where possible.

It's not a requirement. No need to add extra stress and pressure to try make everything dated within 28 days unncessarily. Of course if they are easily available then why not.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Surely the property inspection report, english language certificate, document translations/certifications aren’t expected to be dated within 28 days?

My wife has her english language test next week, and i don’t know when she’ll be getting the certificate.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am

Property inspection lasts 3 months, IELTS valid for 2 years. Certain members encourage to over-cook the cake too much. Just follow the guidance with caution without paranoia.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:35 am

thanks for the advice 8)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:27 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am
Property inspection lasts 3 months,
Not all reports
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mattjspencer91
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

What to do with torn up marriage certificate?

Post by Mattjspencer91 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi guys

So my wife (Chinese) and I (British) have two marriage certificates, one for each of us, but my wife tore hers up during one of our heated arguments. So I have a couple of questions here regarding our spouse visa application:

1. Will it be okay to send in my marriage certificate as evidence of our marriage? (The only differences between the two are the details of the person who the marriage certificate belongs to.)

2. Should we include the torn up pieces of my wife’s certificate in the application, and perhaps a written explanation of what happened?

Below is an example of what both the chinese marriage certificates look like.

https://goo.gl/images/mSNkxW

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:18 am

Mattjspencer91 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 pm
Hi guys

So my wife (Chinese) and I (British) have two marriage certificates, one for each of us, but my wife tore hers up during one of our heated arguments. So I have a couple of questions here regarding our spouse visa application:

1. Will it be okay to send in my marriage certificate as evidence of our marriage? (The only differences between the two are the details of the person who the marriage certificate belongs to.)

2. Should we include the torn up pieces of my wife’s certificate in the application, and perhaps a written explanation of what happened?

Below is an example of what both the chinese marriage certificates look like.

https://goo.gl/images/mSNkxW

Thanks in advance for your help

Matt
1. Just send your own original one along with its English translated copy.

2. No need.