ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Errors on CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tosh119
Newly Registered
United States of America

Errors on CoS

Post by Tosh119 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:57 am

Hi,

My sponsor finally got my CoS approval last month. When they sent me the certificate, it had my middle name misspelled by one letter, my last address in the UK (I had to come back to the US to apply for my tier 2 because my tier 4 expired, but the also had one word and one letter off in the UK address), and they had written the work start date as being 1 November 2018, before the issue date of the CoS. Does anyone know if sponsor notes making these corrections are enough or do they need to re-apply for the CoS? I haven't actually done anything on my end (ie. apply for my visa) because I've been trying to get this sorted.

I contacted UKVI and received this response, "Your personal details on your COS letter must be the same as the details on your visa application, passport, and any supporting documents you will submit with your visa application. Please request a new COS letter if any of your personal details is shown inaccurate including your passport number, address or your date of birth." The sponsor added the sponsor notes with the corrections, but is this enough? Do they have to go through the whole process of applying for a CoS by the 5th again or can the sponsor just issue another letter somehow?

I've been working on getting everything for this job since I got the offer in June, and it's been a big mess, to say the least. I am afraid to apply for my visa with just the sponsor notes if more is needed because I don't want it to be refused because of errors on the part of the sponsor. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!