ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Offences committed after Naturalisation application sent!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diamond Geeza
Newly Registered

Offences committed after Naturalisation application sent!!

Post by Diamond Geeza » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi there,

I was just wondering if I have to tell HO about any offences such as driving offences, speeding etc. that I may get convicted for after I have sent my Naturalisation application to HO (or still in the process of getting approval for becoming naturalised).

For any of these offences, will it have any effect on my application considering these offences gets committed after application being sent.

Thanks in advance/

Xzibit1

Post by Xzibit1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm

I think you need to tell the HO , as in the naturalisation form, once you have signed, you have undertaken to tell the Home Secretary any issues that may affect the outcome of your applciation.

The nature of the offences will also affect the naturalsiation decison. If it is an offence for which you will not be convicted in a court, then it may not affect your naturalisation decision. However offences like drink driving, speeding (convicted in court), driving without insurance etc, will deny you naturallisation till the rehabuilitation periods are over.

If you decided not to tell the HO, just pray that the HO had already much earlier contacted the Police before you are convicted.

Xzibit1

Post by Xzibit1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Check information from HO website: (Point 3)

1.We expect you to respond to our enquiries or requests for documents within a reasonable time.

2.While we are processing your application, you should tell us if any of the information you have sent to us changes. This would include changes of:

marital or civil partnership status; or
address; or
people acting on your behalf.

3.You also need to tell us if you become involved in a police investigation or anything that may result in criminal charges.

parvus1202

Post by parvus1202 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:02 am

This what I found on the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

"We may decide to ignore a single conviction for a minor offence if it resulted in a bind over, conditional discharge or small fine, if you are suitable for citizenship in every other way. We will only ignore "regulatory" offences such as speeding. We will not ignore offences involving dishonesty such as theft, violence or sexual offences. We will also not ignore drink-driving offences or convictions for driving while uninsured or disqualified."

I did a right turn in a no right turn road a week ago, sunday. I don't know if it was caught on camera, I haven't have the ticket yet. So if I got the ticket and pay the fine, I don't think it will affect my naturalization application. I might not even write it down on my application.