ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options apart from Nationality Checking Service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2_applicant

Options apart from Nationality Checking Service

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Hello,

As most of you know that the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) is not going to be available from 31 Dec 2018, I wanted to check if you were aware of any service replacing this.

I am asking this question as I have had an ILR for around 18 months and now want to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time without sending my documents. The only way of doing this that I am aware of is by using NCS.
I tried getting an appointment with the 2 nearest councils and both declined, saying they are booked up or not taking any appointments due to the closure of service at the end of the year.

Please could you advise how I could avoid applying online and sending all my documents and then applying for the passport separately?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Options apart from Nationality Checking Service

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tier2_applicant

Re: Options apart from Nationality Checking Service

Post by tier2_applicant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:35 pm

thank you! this is very useful