ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU FAM 3 Help please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rups0001
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU FAM 3 Help please

Post by rups0001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 am

Hi,

New member here. Searched the posts but haven't found all the answers.

Our story. I'm american and my husband is dutch. We've been living here since 2009. I was granted a 5 year eu fam 1 in 2009 an again in 2014. my current one expires in august of 2019. i'd like to apply for eu fam 3 now though as i've been here for 5+ years...so
- am i okay to do this or do i need to wait till 6 months before my eu fam 1 expires?
- does my dutch husband needs to apply for the permanent residency certificate thing?
- i read somewhere on this forum that 3 utilities need to be shown? we only have 1 for both gas and electricity and our tv is with virgin media which took over from upc so can't access bills before that - anyone had any luck with just that? we do have leases and PRTB forms.

thanks for any help you guys/gals can give! i stress easily when it comes to immigration issues :)

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: EU FAM 3 Help please

Post by max307 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:45 am

rups0001 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 am
Hi,

New member here. Searched the posts but haven't found all the answers.

Our story. I'm american and my husband is dutch. We've been living here since 2009. I was granted a 5 year eu fam 1 in 2009 an again in 2014. my current one expires in august of 2019. i'd like to apply for eu fam 3 now though as i've been here for 5+ years...so
- am i okay to do this or do i need to wait till 6 months before my eu fam 1 expires?
- does my dutch husband needs to apply for the permanent residency certificate thing?
- i read somewhere on this forum that 3 utilities need to be shown? we only have 1 for both gas and electricity and our tv is with virgin media which took over from upc so can't access bills before that - anyone had any luck with just that? we do have leases and PRTB forms.

thanks for any help you guys/gals can give! i stress easily when it comes to immigration issues :)
Have you considered applying for naturalisation (Irish citizenship) at all?

If you do no need to worry about any immigration stamps in the future! 😃
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

rups0001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rups0001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 am

Well no not really. Thank you for your reply though :)

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:09 am

I have just submitted EU3 application. I have stamp4 EuFAM now.

They wrote back looking to get payslips of EU citizen for each of the 5 years.

We already submitted 2 different bills from each year, PRTB letters, p60 of 5 years for EU citizen.

It appears they are strict and look for documentations.

rups0001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rups0001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 pm

thank you for your reply!

how will you do the payslips? i am considering just sending the december of every year as that would have the totals for the year?

nojoyfrominis
United Kingdom

Post by nojoyfrominis » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 pm

You can send a bank statement to show residency as long as they can see there are payments to shops etc here and not just only direct debits that can be set up even if you are not present here
I called virgin media customer service as they asked for the bill for 2013 for my citizenship app. It was upc at time but the records are with virgin media and they sent me a upc bill to my new address.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:10 pm

rups0001 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 am
Well no not really. Thank you for your reply though :)
No problem! :)

You can apply right now, no need to wait until your current Stamp 4 EUFAM expires next year. Your husband does not need a permanent resident certificate in Ireland, he's EU citizen so freedom of movement applies to him.

It looks like the question of utility bills and proof of address has been answered already by others above.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.