ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

Citizenship queries

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi all

With the new system in place, I am confused how to apply for citizenship. I have filled out the online application (AN) form for myself and my wife and MN1 form for my child.

Now what do I do? do i submit the online application and go to one of UKCAS service centres? I would like to use the free one - how do i book it and how long should I book in advance?

The other questions I had in the form was:
a. I received Penalty fines for parking which was paid off in full and didnt go to court- but do I have to declare this on the form? if yes how many years do I declare?
b. My wife is director of my company and does part time employment in another company - Which one do I declare in employment section - Her self employment or employment?
c. in the form, it asks when did you arrive in the UK - in my wife's case, she entered UK in 2010 but left outside of UK in 2011 and entered back in 2012 (I had to sponsor her visa again as ILR dependent in 2012)

Thanks

krssubbu

Re: Citizenship queries

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:12 am

any thoughts please?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:03 pm

can anyone help me please?

hopefully the answers to the questions would help someone!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:01 pm

krssubbu wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 pm
Hi all

With the new system in place, I am confused how to apply for citizenship. I have filled out the online application (AN) form for myself and my wife and MN1 form for my child.

Now what do I do? do i submit the online application and go to one of UKCAS service centres? I would like to use the free one - how do i book it and how long should I book in advance?

Once you have completed the application on GOV website, you will be directed to the UKVCAS website where you will book the biometrics appointment. You can filter the centres so that you only see the free ones

The other questions I had in the form was:
a. I received Penalty fines for parking which was paid off in full and didnt go to court- but do I have to declare this on the form? if yes how many years do I declare?
Many people have different opinions on this. These fines shouldn't affect your application except you have had a lot within a short time that can indicate a pattern of behaviour. SO you should declare all your fines as a far as you can remember

b. My wife is director of my company and does part time employment in another company - Which one do I declare in employment section - Her self employment or employment?
check her HMRC record online or request for the data HMRC has on her

c. in the form, it asks when did you arrive in the UK - in my wife's case, she entered UK in 2010 but left outside of UK in 2011 and entered back in 2012 (I had to sponsor her visa again as ILR dependent in 2012)
Not sure.

Thanks
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am

Thanks Djsuccess - appreciate your time to answer me

Just for the PCN or fines there is no place to declare it on the online form? It says only Crimical convictions should be entered so where Do i do it?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:01 pm

krssubbu wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 am
Thanks Djsuccess - appreciate your time to answer me

Just for the PCN or fines there is no place to declare it on the online form? It says only Crimical convictions should be entered so where Do i do it?
After the criminal questions, there should be a final question in that section asking you to state if you have been involved in any other activity or event that you might like to mention with respect to character assessment. I'm not sure if this is available in the online form you're completing.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.