ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish work permit

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

applepie123
Newly Registered

Irish work permit

Post by applepie123 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:59 am

I have got a job offer from a large IT company in Ireland. Selection was based on 3 rounds of telephone interview.

The company is applying for a wp for me. I am worried because I have a record of staying back in the UK for 3 months after I lost my job in 2002.

I am worried that the irish visa officer will deduce my overstay from my CV and my passport (on which the arrival date in my home country is stamped about 3 months after the end of a job in the UK)and will therefore refuse me entry to Ireland inspite of having a valid work permit.

Any suggestions ideas welcome

Ireland
Newly Registered

How did you find work in Ireland???

Post by Ireland » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Hi there,
I am interested as to how you found work in Ireland. I am a US citizen and I have had a very hard time looking/finding work in IReland. Do you have any suggestions? I have also worked for 11 years here in the US for a large telecom company in IT, and am very anxious to move to Ireland. Can you offer me any suggestions? Thank you so much, and best of luck to you.

Mary Kate

applepie123
Newly Registered

work

Post by applepie123 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:17 am

I wasn't looking too hard for a job in IE. It so happened that I was casually looking at job websites and this job came up. I applied for a lark, and got interviewed

Ireland
Newly Registered

THanks!

Post by Ireland » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:28 pm

Just out of curiousity, what websites did you use? I am having a heck of a time getting replies. Maybe because I am a US citizen. Are you? Tahnks again, any help you can provide I would so appreciate it.

Mary Kate

applepie123
Newly Registered

Post by applepie123 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:56 am

I was looking at Monster.com

Ireland
Newly Registered

Post by Ireland » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:56 pm

I see, thanks. I have tried that too. Are you a US Citizen, or from the EU? I know that makes a huge difference.

thanks again,
mary kate