ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA family member PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RitaApp33
Newly Registered
Ghana

Non-EEA family member PR

Post by RitaApp33 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:37 am

Hello all, I am a non eea national from Ghana , I came to the UK in 2013 to join my eea national father, I have to apply for permanent residence but I have got some problems which I know people can help me with advice
1.we lived together for 4years and 9months but he wants to move out because he has married and our house is too small to occupy us all
2.i have two children which I claimed benefit for two years
3.my dad was giving me money in hands to pay for our rent but I paid at the bank through my bank account
With all these am I going to have a problem with my permanent residence application?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Non-EEA family member PR

Post by NikiGio » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am

Is your father a qualified person - what has he been doing since you moved here in 2013?
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

RitaApp33
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by RitaApp33 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 pm

yes, he has been working please

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:37 pm

RitaApp33 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:37 am
1.we lived together for 4years and 9months but he wants to move out because he has married and our house is too small to occupy us all
As his dependent, not living in the same household shouldn't be an issue as long as you can prove you are his dependent.
Read through this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf
RitaApp33 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 pm
yes, he has been working please
Ok - so sounds like he's a qualified person.
RitaApp33 wrote:

2.i have two children which I claimed benefit for two years
Not a problem for PR.
RitaApp33 wrote:
3.my dad was giving me money in hands to pay for our rent but I paid at the bank through my bank account
Whose name is the rental contract/mortgage agreement in? His, yours, both?

By the way - you can also wait for March and appky for Settled Status, which in your case would be more straightforward.

RitaApp33
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by RitaApp33 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 am

we both have our names on both the contract and council tax but water he has got his name on it please

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:47 pm

RitaApp33 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:56 am
we both have our names on both the contract and council tax but water he has got his name on it please
Ok - so send the house contract with both your names on it as evidence of your dependency, and the council tax bills for the five years as evidence of your residency in the same household (say 3 bills for each of the five years).

Include a covering letter where you explain your family situation, and explain that your father gives you cash to pay the rent.

You need to wait until you have been resident here as a dependent of the EU qualified person for five years before making the application.

As I said before, you could also wait until March to make a Settled Status application - as in your case it could be more straightforward. Dependent cases are not straightforward and lawyer advice is often recommended.

Suggest you read the Home Office site, the PR Guidance Notes and the document I sent you thoroughly.

Also search for other threads in this forum related to non-EEA dependent applications - for example this one:

eea-route-applications/eea-pr-for-depen ... ?hilit=Eea dependent parent#p1696880

Good luck.