ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application refused for driving without insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Onestepaway
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Citizenship application refused for driving without insurance

Post by Onestepaway » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Wonder if anyone here can kindly give me some advices please.

I was caught driving without insurance on 20/5/18, it was a miscommunication between me and the insurance company for auto renewal policy, but I took the consequences, paid the fine and sent my license out for points deduction. So that went to Fixed Penalty Notice.
I applied my ILR on 11/7/18, got that approved.
So after seeking some advices, I went on to apply my citizenship on 25/9/18
Last week, I received a refused letter, stating: “you were convicted of driving without insurance, we are not satisfied that the good character requirement is met”.
Is FPN of driving without insurance conviction? Should I challenge it? What I should do next?
I’m devastated. This would affect my family’s life much as we may have to relocate overseas for my husband job and my ilr will be taken away while I’m out of the country for too long. Im looking forward to hearing expert opinions.
Thanks very much

Backon
Newly Registered
India

Re: Citizenship application refused for driving without insurance

Post by Backon » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 am

Onestepaway wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:11 pm

I was caught driving without insurance on 20/5/18, it was a miscommunication between me and the insurance company for auto renewal policy, but I took the consequences, paid the fine and sent my license out for points deduction. So that went to Fixed Penalty Notice.
Last week, I received a refused letter, stating: “you were convicted of driving without insurance, we are not satisfied that the good character requirement is met”.
Is FPN of driving without insurance conviction? Should I challenge it? What I should do next?
I’m devastated. This would affect my family’s life much as we may have to relocate overseas for my husband job and my ilr will be taken away while I’m out of the country for too long. Im looking forward to hearing expert opinions.
Thanks very much
what was your refusal says ? how long you have to wait to make a new application ?

Onestepaway
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Onestepaway » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:52 am

Hi Backon,

In the refusal letter stated:
You were convicted of dricving without insurance on 20/05/2018. Having considered your conviction and in the absence of any exceptional circumstances to mitigate in your favour; we are not satisfied that the good character requirement is met. your application is therefore refused.
It is open to you to re-apply for citizenship at anytime but an application made before 20/05/2021 is unlikely to succeed.

Please note I didn't have any other fines or notices before, no criminal records, always pay my tax. This was a genuine mistake.

Thanks for your advice again Backon.
Backon wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 am
Onestepaway wrote:

Thanks very much
what was your refusal says ? how long you have to wait to make a new application ?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am

Unfortunately the refusal is justified as if you are convicted, you would need to wait for 3 years until the conviction passes away. I have a similar experience of a relative and we have had to wait 3 years for the conviction to go.
You might have to wait until the date they have specified.

Onestepaway
Newly Registered
Vietnam

Post by Onestepaway » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am
Unfortunately the refusal is justified as if you are convicted, you would need to wait for 3 years until the conviction passes away. I have a similar experience of a relative and we have had to wait 3 years for the conviction to go.
You might have to wait until the date they have specified.
Hi,

May I ask what happened with you relative before please? I read the Q&A for the good character requirements and it stated the FPN is not considered conviction. Did you relative pay the fine or had to go to court for that please? Thanks lots

reyy381
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by reyy381 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi. Did u challenge ur decision? I notice u said u get ILR in 2018 and u apply nationality also in 2018? Is that right? You have to wait 1 year after ILR to apply nationality right?

Backon wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:42 am
Onestepaway wrote:

Thanks very much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:59 pm

reyy381 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 pm
Hi. Did u challenge ur decision? I notice u said u get ILR in 2018 and u apply nationality also in 2018? Is that right? You have to wait 1 year after ILR to apply nationality right?
1. Kindly refrain from tagging onto older topics.

2. The user is the spouse of a British citizen and does not have to wait 12 months on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.