ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with Irish Naturalisation Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Travelling with Irish Naturalisation Certificate

Post by gorgeous » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi guys,

I was looking for some clarity here. I got my Irish Citizenship in the last ceremony and applied for the passport. However, I will need to travel this week and the other, but I only have my Non-Eu passport with me and not my Irish passport yet, as it's still being processed in the passport office.

I wonder if I should only use the EU queue (when coming back to Dublin) when I have my Irish passport or can I use it with my Irish Naturalisation certificate? (It already says I've been an Irish citizen since the 16th)

Thanks!

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling with Irish Naturalisation Certificate

Post by thegoodaulleo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:51 pm

You must have an Irish/EU passport to get through the EU queue. The naturalisation certificate won't change a thing.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling with Irish Naturalisation Certificate

Post by max307 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:06 pm

I would go through the non-EU queue just to avoid any further questions from the immigration officer.

You will have plenty of times to use the EU queue from now on anyways, one last time in the non-EU queue won't make a difference. :wink:
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.