ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

right time to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vivcw
Newly Registered
India

right time to apply for ILR

Post by vivcw » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi , Please can someone clarify as my visa was issued on 25th Jan , where as i entered UK on 24th Feb , can i apply 24 days before 25th Jan , or only before 24th Feb for the calculation of 5 years time .

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: right time to apply for ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 pm

Useful to stat what visa you hold and route you are applying for ILR through :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

charli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by charli » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 pm

vivcw wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm
Hi , Please can someone clarify as my visa was issued on 25th Jan , where as i entered UK on 24th Feb , can i apply 24 days before 25th Jan , or only before 24th Feb for the calculation of 5 years time .

regards
you can apply before 28 days from the date you first entered the UK provided you meets the requirements for the category.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 pm

charli wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 pm
vivcw wrote:

regards
you can apply before 28 days from the date you first entered the UK provided you meets the requirements for the category.
The eligibility depends on the visa route. Not all visa routes is from date of entry!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vivcw
Newly Registered
India

Post by vivcw » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:53 pm
charli wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:50 pm
vivcw wrote:

regards
The eligibility depends on the visa route. Not all visa routes is from date of entry!!
thanks . my wife need to apply as spouse of British citizen though 5 year route. please can you advise and clarify the date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 pm

It counts from date of entry to the UK. She can apply no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the entry date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 am

CROO1

The earliest date is 5 years ( minus 28 days )of being in UK
I assume the last date would be the day the current visa runs out..( just before becoming a potential overstayer)

can we ask a question ...
why do people try to make an application towards the very very beginning of this window ? with the risk of applying a bit too early because of potential miscalculations ?

what are the disadvantages/ negatives of applying towards the end of the window ( obviously before the current visa expires ?

there is no need to get in there at the most earliest hour ? surely you can wait a few days as a good measure .
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am

SAMISPOUSAL wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 am
CROO1

The earliest date is 5 years ( minus 28 days )of being in UK
I assume the last date would be the day the current visa runs out..( just before becoming a potential overstayer)

can we ask a question ...
why do people try to make an application towards the very very beginning of this window ? with the risk of applying a bit too early because of potential miscalculations ?

what are the disadvantages/ negatives of applying towards the end of the window ( obviously before the current visa expires ?

there is no need to get in there at the most earliest hour ? surely you can wait a few days as a good measure .
This is not a general discussion topic on why people do things or not when they apply. Please ask such questions in your own topic if you want but please don't tag it onto another members thread and take it off topic.

When members choose to apply in the '28 days window' is entirely up to them and I certainly cannot read their minds to understand why some apply at day one of the window or the 28 day concession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)