ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS start date for extention

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chattean
India

COS start date for extention

Post by chattean » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:32 am

Hi Folks,
I have applied for an extension of my Tier 2 general visa on 30 Nov using a COS which has start date as 03 Dec. I have applied using standard service and likely to get a decision after 6-8 weeks. My query is since the cos date is 03 Dec and application date is 30 Nov will that have any impact on the decision?
Note, my current visa allows me to work till March end and wanted the extension earlier now due to a travel plan in March.

Thanks

chattean
India

Re: COS start date for extention

Post by chattean » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Anyone please answer...

srsw

Re: COS start date for extention

Post by srsw » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Ideally new COS date should've been end of March or beginning of April (basically the day after your previous BRP expires).

Cos date 03 Dec and application date is 30 Nov shouldn't have any impact on the decision, but I'm not 100% sure on your new cos date & it's impact on the decision.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.