ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ToC Application Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

ToC Application Requirements

Post by KhajaM » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 am

Dear Members,

My wife, who is currenctly on her first extension of FLR(M), has recently changed her surname to take mine. To this effect, she's already applied for & received her new passport from her country's embassy. Now, she's trying to get her name changed on the BRP card, via the ToC application.

Regarding the above, from what I understand reading the ToC Guidance Notes & Application Form (and a bit of online digging), is that the following are required. Would someone be able to please verify this (add or remove from the list)?

1. Completed ToC application form.
2. Passport-sized photos (x2).
3. Proof of Residence (2 documents? This is one thing I'm more concerned with i.e., how many do they need, and over what period of time etc.)
4. Old passport (with maiden name)
5. New passport (with surname changed).
6. Current BRP card.
7. Photocopies of the above (where applicable; for their ease of processing).

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Best Regards,
Khaja.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ToC Application Requirements

Post by mzjogee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:34 am

I am also going through a TOC application as my wifes passport has been renewed and together the name was changed to married name.

For Address proof i have prepared and doctors letters, utility bills, last 3 months statements, any home office letters, any HMRC letters, Provisional licence . As well as a letter of accomodation / tenancy agreement.

I would like to ask if you are applying online or via Post? As i have question myself on whether the applicants name should be in the new name or the old name which Home office holds?

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:49 am

Hi mzjogee,

I do know that the "new name" goes in the name section for ToC application (putting the "maiden" name in the "previous" names section), if that's what you're asking. And to answer your other question, she'll be applying by post.

I'm still confused about the proof of residence, though - do we really need to provide that much evidence?

If someone from the admin/moderation team can shed some light on this, that'd be really appreciated.

Best Regards,
Khaja.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Thank you KhajaM, I did think that was what had to be done. I attempted an online application but it seems different from the postal form. I will just carry on with postal.

I can remember notifying home office of an address change as well as name error and I had gone through with an immigration advisor. it was all the similar documents I mentioned which were given as evidence.

I guess there's no harm in sending a few more as they will always be returned by the home office.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Thanks mzjogee, you're right - no harm in sending a few more. However, I guess what I'm after are some concrete rules around it.

There is nothing in the guidance notes about this particular bit, however reading the application form again, I realised that the "proof of identity in the form of documents confirming your name and address" is only for cases where someone has lost their passport/travel document.

So, it'd appear that for normal situations, this is not a requirement after all.

Would be really great if someone experienced in this area could confirm this, though!

Best Regards,
Khaja.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Dear Members,

I'd really appreciate a response to this. Could someone please share their experiences, at least?

I'd be really grateful.

Best Regards,
Khaja.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:53 am

Hello mzjogee, I just noticed that the "paper" application forms for the ToC application are no longer available. I believe one can only apply online or in person now.

Could you please do me a favour and let me know the process (if you're aware) of how you do online applications?

I can fill up the details online, pay and print the form. Just not sure what the next step is?

Thank you in advance.

Khaja.

mzjogee wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:17 pm
Thank you KhajaM, I did think that was what had to be done. I attempted an online application but it seems different from the postal form. I will just carry on with postal.

I can remember notifying home office of an address change as well as name error and I had gone through with an immigration advisor. it was all the similar documents I mentioned which were given as evidence.

I guess there's no harm in sending a few more as they will always be returned by the home office.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi KhajaM

Yes i came online for the same purpose to inform as i found that out today. Lucky i was dounle checking forms before sending them off!

Yes online application and premium service only. I phoned home office today and the lady kindly assisted. Also the applicant name will be as the "previous name" . Thereafter there will be a question for "changed details".

I completed the form and paid the fee via debit card online. Once done you will get an email with instructions. Everythings very clear and simple. There are a few declaration forms to print and sign. As well as a checklist clearly indicating the specific documents needed.

Hope this helps. Its really easy and not complicated at all as long as you read and answer questions clearly.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Forgot to add you send the checklist with all documents and passport to home office within 15 days of online application

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Fantastic, thank you very much mzjogee.

So, basically the only difference is - instead of downloading an empty form to fill up, you just fill it up "online" and print it out. The rest of the process is the same i.e., sending this "online" application along with the supporting documents, to their address.

Thinking about it, it's better this way, as you can pay the fees online and don't have to worry about the bank's anti-fraud/security measures stopping any payments to UKVI.

Also, thanks for confirming which name to put on the "personal details" section of the form.

Best Regards,
Khaja.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:09 pm

hi there KhajaM, just curious if how far you are with the application? I Submitted online on Tuesday 23rd and documents were received by the recipient with royal mail special delivery. I'm hopeful of some response from Home office as received but nothing yet

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi mzjogee - I'm having to wait until next week, as I don't have access to a printer, at the moment.

The website says that you have 15 days to send the documents from the date you do the payment, so I was thinking of doing the payment on Monday (when I've got access to a printer), and then post the documents soon after.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:33 am

Hi mzjogee,

I just wondered if you included a "prepaid" return envelope with your ToC application?

Could you please let me know?

Best Regards,
Khaja.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm

hello sorry, haven't checked my account for a while.

I sent the documents with special delivery but no I did not enclose a prepaid envelope as they will use DX delivery themselves to return the new BRP. and the documents will be sent via usual post. this is judged on experience from a name change due to error from the home office on the first issue.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm

mzjogee wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:39 pm
hello sorry, haven't checked my account for a while.

I sent the documents with special delivery but no I did not enclose a prepaid envelope as they will use DX delivery themselves to return the new BRP. and the documents will be sent via usual post. this is judged on experience from a name change due to error from the home office on the first issue.
Its always wise to send self prepaid envelope.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mzjogee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by mzjogee » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am

hello KwajaM

just an update we received a letter to enrol biometrics yesterday dated 7 November 2018.
online application was on 23rd October 2018. and documents were sent the same day. so that has roughly taken 15 days for a response.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Just thought I'd post an update for the benefit of anyone who's interested (and specifically mzjogee) and perhaps going through the ToC application process.

26/10/2018 - Made the online application.
05/11/2018 - Posted the online application form, along with supporting documents.
14/11/2018 - Received a letter from UKVI asking to enrol for and provide biometrics.
17/11/2018 - Enrolled & provided biometrics.
06/12/2018 - Received new BRP Card (via DX Secure delivery which required signature on delivery).

Still waiting on the passports & other supporting documentation I'd provided - hoping they'd be with me soon. If I'm not wrong, UKVI usually sends out the supporting documents via 2nd class Royal Mail delivery which does take some time.

Best Regards,
Khaja.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:17 pm

KhajaM wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm
Still waiting on the passports & other supporting documentation I'd provided - hoping they'd be with me soon. If I'm not wrong, UKVI usually sends out the supporting documents via 2nd class Royal Mail delivery which does take some time.

Best Regards,
Khaja.
DX courier is heavily faster than HO 2nd class Royal Mail means very soon you will get your supporting documents. Perhaps you should have considered in sending your own prepaid special delivery envelope.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

KhajaM
Newly Registered
India

Post by KhajaM » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:26 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:17 pm
DX courier is heavily faster than HO 2nd class Royal Mail means very soon you will get your supporting documents. Perhaps you should have considered in sending your own prepaid special delivery envelope.
Thanks seagul - you're absolutey right, I've noticed DX Secure is always much faster than Royal Mail (1st of 2nd class post).
Had I got your suggestion before I sent my application, I'd have definitely sent a prepaid envelope.
If anyone had any travel plans or are in urgent need of their passports for any reason, then they'd better send in one.
As it stands though, my wife and I are not in a rush, so we can wait.

Qudir
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by Qudir » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:31 pm

mzjogee wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:36 pm
Hi KhajaM

Yes i came online for the same purpose to inform as i found that out today. Lucky i was dounle checking forms before sending them off!

Yes online application and premium service only. I phoned home office today and the lady kindly assisted. Also the applicant name will be as the "previous name" . Thereafter there will be a question for "changed details".

I completed the form and paid the fee via debit card online. Once done you will get an email with instructions. Everythings very clear and simple. There are a few declaration forms to print and sign. As well as a checklist clearly indicating the specific documents needed.

Hope this helps. Its really easy and not complicated at all as long as you read and answer questions clearly.
Hi mzjogee,
Is it possible for you to post a link for the online TOC form?
Thanks