ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

De Facto Application Time

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsaberian
Newly Registered
Canada

De Facto Application Time

Post by nsaberian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone recently submitted their application for De Facto visa and how long it actually took? I'm hearing horror stories of a year and a half. Is that true?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: De Facto Application Time

Post by max307 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm

nsaberian wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm
Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone recently submitted their application for De Facto visa and how long it actually took? I'm hearing horror stories of a year and a half. Is that true?
Pretty hard to tell, every application is different and no one really knows what process or procedures they follow. The person processing your application might affect the turn around time as well.

I would say 6 months best case scenario but yes some go over 1 year. The good news is that while the application is being processed they might issue a temporary stamp that will allow you to work and reside in Ireland legally, even travel abroad for short holidays with no issues.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

nsaberian
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by nsaberian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Yes I've received a temporary stamp for 6 months but it doesn't allow me to work but does allow me to reside and travel which is good news as I'll be going home for Xmas. Wondering what are the most common reasons for refusal. I just want to make sure all bases are covered.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:19 pm

nsaberian wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:16 pm
Yes I've received a temporary stamp for 6 months but it doesn't allow me to work but does allow me to reside and travel which is good news as I'll be going home for Xmas. Wondering what are the most common reasons for refusal. I just want to make sure all bases are covered.
What stamp they gave you? If they gave you a Stamp 4 then you are allowed to work.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

nsaberian
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by nsaberian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 pm

They gave me a stamp 3 for 6 months.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm

nsaberian wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:22 pm
They gave me a stamp 3 for 6 months.
Yeah, you are not allowed to work on a Stamp 3 but it's reckonable as residence when applying for citizenship by naturalisation if you decide to do so in the future.

The most common reasons for refusal are that the officer isn't convinced that the applicant and sponsor are in a genuine and continuing marriage-like relationship or inconsistencies in the documentation provided.

The more information you are able to gather for your application the better! Even after the application is lodged with INIS if you have further documents to prove your relationship with the sponsor feel free to post it over to them. Always send your documents by post (do not e-mail or hand-deliver) so they are required to acknowledge that the documents were received and you have a paper trail just in case.