ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Faster decision on existing SET (LR) postal application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiuhang007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Faster decision on existing SET (LR) postal application?

Post by chiuhang007 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello members!

I have a complicated situation here and I would like to have some advise from you guys! First of all, I have been studying in the UK as a student for the last ten years under the Tier 4 student visa. Recently, I have submitted my SET(LR) Application on 25th Sept 2018 through postal, hoping to get a premium upgrade along the way.

I have been sending email to them to request an upgrade every morning, until the service recently close on 22nd Nov with no success. Right now I am so confused of what can I do. The update from the official website didn't say anything regarding this topic, whether will the new service would speed up the old existing application, or is there any alternative way to get a faster decision...........(this is my first question by the way)

Right now I am still living in UK with my Tier 4 student visa, which will be expired on Jan and I don't think I will have my SET(LR) decision before then. After looking at varies previous posts on this website, I am predicting to get my decision on March or April the earliest. My second question is that, if I got an unsuccessful decision, will I be still able to apply another visa immediately? Given that my Tier 4 student visa will already expired by then.

Thank you so much for your help!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Faster decision on existing SET (LR) postal application?

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm

chiuhang007 wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:10 pm
Hello members!

I have a complicated situation here and I would like to have some advise from you guys! First of all, I have been studying in the UK as a student for the last ten years under the Tier 4 student visa. Recently, I have submitted my SET(LR) Application on 25th Sept 2018 through postal, hoping to get a premium upgrade along the way.

I have been sending email to them to request an upgrade every morning, until the service recently close on 22nd Nov with no success. Right now I am so confused of what can I do. The update from the official website didn't say anything regarding this topic, whether will the new service would speed up the old existing application, or is there any alternative way to get a faster decision...........(this is my first question by the way)

Right now I am still living in UK with my Tier 4 student visa, which will be expired on Jan and I don't think I will have my SET(LR) decision before then. After looking at varies previous posts on this website, I am predicting to get my decision on March or April the earliest. My second question is that, if I got an unsuccessful decision, will I be still able to apply another visa immediately? Given that my Tier 4 student visa will already expired by then. Just in case you get rejected, based on their decision you can apply for administrative review (AR) if you believe that they made the wrong judgment. However, you cannot submit new evidence for the AR. you can also apply for the other visa in the UK, within 14 days after the decision is made usually. If you did't violate the condition of stay, usually be granted.

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 pm

chiuhang007 wrote:
Hello members!

Right now I am still living in UK with my Tier 4 student visa, which will be expired on Jan and I don't think I will have my SET(LR) decision before then. After looking at varies previous posts on this website, I am predicting to get my decision on March or April the earliest. My second question is that, if I got an unsuccessful decision, will I be still able to apply another visa immediately? Given that my Tier 4 student visa will already expired by then.

Have you completed your studies?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

chiuhang007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by chiuhang007 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm
chiuhang007 wrote:
Hello members!

Right now I am still living in UK with my Tier 4 student visa, which will be expired on Jan and I don't think I will have my SET(LR) decision before then. After looking at varies previous posts on this website, I am predicting to get my decision on March or April the earliest. My second question is that, if I got an unsuccessful decision, will I be still able to apply another visa immediately? Given that my Tier 4 student visa will already expired by then. Just in case you get rejected, based on their decision you can apply for administrative review (AR) if you believe that they made the wrong judgment. However, you cannot submit new evidence for the AR. you can also apply for the other visa in the UK, within 14 days after the decision is made usually. If you did't violate the condition of stay, usually be granted.

Thank you so much! Does that mean you can only apply within 14 days once you received an unsuccessful letter? Even if you don't have you passport with you at the moment?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:37 pm

chiuhang007 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:24 pm
chiuhang007 wrote:
Hello members!

Thank you so much! Does that mean you can only apply within 14 days once you received an unsuccessful letter? Even if you don't have you passport with you at the moment?
Yes, you can.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

chiuhang007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by chiuhang007 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you so much for your help! Hopefully I will get a successful decision and do not have to go through this :D