ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investigation after ILR given

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Investigation after ILR given

Post by iceman010899 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if the BIA does checks on you after the issue of ILR ? , to check if you've broken any rules, etc ?

Example: Someone getting ILR by false marriage and then loosing it when it comes to light that the marriage was false.

Thanks.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat May 31, 2008 12:56 am

Yes this does happen and it happens more frequently than it did in the past. You state the most common reason for revoking ILR. There are a good few Albanians out there that have had their ILR and even naturalisation revoked because of the deception employed when they they claimed to be from Kosovo in their asylum claims.

Once your deception is found out and more importantly the evidence gathered to support your deception your days are numbered.

There are new teams called Harm & Compliance that deal with these matters as a day to day task. Previously unless you were criminally prosecuted for immigration offences it was generally all swept under the carpet. The new teams are more than happy just to rip your UK status off of you and send you on your way to your country of origin.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Sat May 31, 2008 7:40 am

Iceman,
I don't understand, you now have your ILR and yet you continue to ask if there is any way your ILR could be revoked.

If you have nothing to hide and you have been honest, you nothing to worry about, but your question do begs the question, are you hiding something??

adindas

Post by adindas » Sat May 31, 2008 12:05 pm

This is good news, to revoke the ILR if it was acquired by deception.

These people just put a bad name to the honest people, who go into the procedure.

IMHO, these kinds of people should be punished by the community and we should not put sympathy on them.

If you know someone got their documents by deception or cheating, please do not hesitate to report them to the authority.

Frontier Mole wrote:Yes this does happen and it happens more frequently than it did in the past. You state the most common reason for revoking ILR. There are a good few Albanians out there that have had their ILR and even naturalisation revoked because of the deception employed when they they claimed to be from Kosovo in their asylum claims.

Once your deception is found out and more importantly the evidence gathered to support your deception your days are numbered.

There are new teams called Harm & Compliance that deal with these matters as a day to day task. Previously unless you were criminally prosecuted for immigration offences it was generally all swept under the carpet. The new teams are more than happy just to rip your UK status off of you and send you on your way to your country of origin.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sat May 31, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi

Yes I agree. I just seem to come across someone who got IRL through clandestine means, but its none of my business to report them , etc.

If there is such a team investigating deception then they might be found out.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat May 31, 2008 7:22 pm

iceman010899 wrote:Hi

Yes I agree. I just seem to come across someone who got IRL through clandestine means, but its none of my business to report them , etc.

Then why pique our curiosity? If its not your business, then why do you keep asking about it?

adindas

Post by adindas » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi
I remembr someone have posted in this forum, the way to report this without actually get really involve. try to browse it.

iceman010899 wrote:Hi