ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa - Housing Report needed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pathanman
Newly Registered

Pakistan nikahnama attestation by MOFA

Post by pathanman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 am

Hi,

Going through the process of collecting required documents for spouse visa.

For nikahnama I now have these three in hand:

-Original Urdu nikahnama
-Notarized English Translation of the Urdu nikahnama
-marriage registration certificate from council (aka nadra certificate)

Was onto last step of getting these three certified/attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad however something is concerning me.

They have started a new process apparently 6/7 months ago where they've started adding a big bright red stamp (in addition to their usual stamps/signs they used to do) on all 3 documents stating that:

"Counter signed only. Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not responsible for the contents of the document".

I'm wondering if this has caused any problems for anyone?

I understand MOFAs stance must be that they are only attesting that the three documents are legal, but it is the job of the union council etc to certify accuracy of contents.

But it does look very ugly. And am wondering if it could cause confusion to some caseworkers?

At very least I'm thinking I'll have to explain this in the application? What another headache though added by mofa (*side gripe*).

Have people been able to get visas with this stamp without any issues?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Pakistan nikahnama attestation by MOFA

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:33 am

No problem at all you are over-thinking. Just submit all 3 docs.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Any document issued in its standard format by relevant competent authority should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:00 am

Ok but do you guys mean I should submit with those MOFA stamps or without?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:41 am

Submit with sticker all originals.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:04 pm

pathanman wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:00 am
Ok but do you guys mean I should submit with those MOFA stamps or without?
Along with original hand written urdu nikkahnama the marriage certificate issued by nadra / union council should be fine in whatever their original format at the time of its issuance.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - pay slips confirmation letter

Post by pathanman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi,

My employer only provides online e-payslips. There is a facility to print pdf versions of them and get them signed and stamped from HR.

However HR is categorically refusing to add any wording in the Employment Reference Letter regarding the payslips (or their authenticity).

I'm wondering what to do? Will signed and stamped printed payslips (the document header mentions these are 'e-payslips') suffice on their own?

Regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - pay slips confirmation letter

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:50 pm

An e-payslip when stamped carries the same value like original. There is no further letter to confirm their genuiness is required but the payslip must show employer name and logo on it.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Spouse visa - Housing Report needed?

Post by pathanman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 am

Hi All,

I've seen conflicting statements on whether housing report is needed in case of single occupancy + self owned (on leasehold and mortgage) property?

For example below guide seems to suggest it is required (I assume it is allowed to post such links- I take no responsibility for the contents!):

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa- ... quirements

Do we have a definitive answer? I'm already including other documents like title deed, council tax bill.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa - Housing Report needed?

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:18 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:19 am

pathanman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 am
Hi All,

I've seen conflicting statements on whether housing report is needed in case of single occupancy + self owned (on leasehold and mortgage) property?

For example below guide seems to suggest it is required (I assume it is allowed to post such links- I take no responsibility for the contents!):

https://www.migrate.org.uk/spouse-visa- ... quirements

Do we have a definitive answer? I'm already including other documents like title deed, council tax bill.
If you live in the property on your own with no other non related people, you do NOT need a property inspection report.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 am

Not correct - e-payslip just with stamp is not good enough. It is required to submit a letter from the issuer of the payslip which confirms that payslip is genuine.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:54 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 am
Not correct - e-payslip just with stamp is not good enough. It is required to submit a letter from the issuer of the payslip which confirms that payslip is genuine.
An employer stamped payslip is indeed sufficient which doesn't need any further letter of authenticity which may be included for only own peace of mind.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

Check the offical requirement rather than making assumptions which can be misleading:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

3.3.7. Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the
employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed
paper and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am
Check the offical requirement rather than making assumptions which can be misleading:

3.3.7. Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the
employer’s name, or
Read again the same paragraph and listen again that an employer stamped e-payslip if bears employer's name and logo becomes original who don't need any letter of authenticity. Letter of authenticity only requires where employer don't stamp the payslip. I give you example that if you have electronic bank statement then it won't be accepted but if bank stamps them then the same become like original which are accepted.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Apologies I hadn't realised and assumed it would be easier for people to search by subject in future if made different threads.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:20 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am
Londoner007 wrote:

employer’s name, or
Read again the same paragraph and listen again that an employer stamped e-payslip if bears employer's name and logo becomes original who don't need any letter of authenticity. Letter of authenticity only requires where employer don't stamp the payslip. I give you example that if you have electronic bank statement then it won't be accepted but if bank stamps them then the same become like original which are accepted.
Looks like we don't have consensus 😱. Can I get a tie breaker?

Worst is the sign and stamp they do...their stamp states "this is a true copy of the original" ...ie someone could interpret that to mean this is not the original?

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:47 pm

Ok more questions:

- what time in the process and where exactly can i apply for the priority service? Is it a separate process after you've submitted the online application and paid standard fee+nhs fee? Or does that option have to be selected earlier somewhere before submitting application?

- how much time do you have exactly after the biometric appointment to send documents to ukvi? I am a bit unclear on which documents exactly are needed for biometric appointment, so was thinking spouse can send docs to me after appointment in uk and I can add my sponsor docs and forward to ukvi. However I've seen claims that you have as little as 5 days to send documents which sounds very tight?! And do the documents need to be with them in that time or should simply have been mailed out by that time?

ukvisa123
United Kingdom

Post by ukvisa123 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Regarding payslips, get them stamped and signed. Also get a letter from HR stating that the payslips supplied are genuine and that they are delivered to you electronically. I did that for an added peace of mind.

Your partner just need to take online appointment confirmation, a copy of online application to the appointment, passport (including any old passports).

You must send docs within 10 days if you choose priority and 20 for non priority.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am
Londoner007 wrote:

employer’s name, or
This is effectively the view my employer is taking (or you could read it in the sense i guess that the contents of letter are being provided on pay slip itself with the sign and stamp stating that it is a true copy of the original. They are adamant that theyve had no issues in the past; so I'm having to proceed with it. Though I must admit I'm a bit concerned whether the caseworkers will always view it in same way.

pathanman
Newly Registered

Post by pathanman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:40 am

One more question: along with the originals...do you need to send photocopies as well? Or do they do the photocopies themselves before returning originals to you?

Have read conflicting advice on this. Don't want to have them retain originals for title deed etc!