ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependents in Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

ILR for Dependents in Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa

Post by np_7777 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa and wanted to check on a possible complication in future.
I plan to apply in early 2019 and if granted visa plan to start business in April 2019 in UK. As year 1 is going to be uncertain as well as hectic, i wanted to defer moving my wife and daughter till March 2020 (though they will enter UK once and go back to India).

Would this cause complications for ILR post 5 years ? Since they would not be in UK for more than 180 days in year one, their 5 years will not complete before the expiry of my Tier 1 visa of 5 years and 4 months.

Any inputs on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Dependents in Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 pm

np_7777 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Enterpreneur visa and wanted to check on a possible complication in future.
I plan to apply in early 2019 and if granted visa plan to start business in April 2019 in UK. As year 1 is going to be uncertain as well as hectic, i wanted to defer moving my wife and daughter till March 2020 (though they will enter UK once and go back to India).

Would this cause complications for ILR post 5 years ? Since they would not be in UK for more than 180 days in year one, their 5 years will not complete before the expiry of my Tier 1 visa of 5 years and 4 months.

Any inputs on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You may want to read through the information in the link below regarding the scrapping of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur route, probably in April 2019. :idea:

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 69650.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by np_7777 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 pm

We are planning to apply early 2019 before the new rules. Our is a genuine case of moving a running successful business to UK. So we will go ahead with the application. But how it impacts our spouses is also an important consideration to move forward

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Your dependents are permitted no more than 180 consecutive days outside the UK within the 5 year period,

If they remain outside of the UK for more than 180 days, when they re-enter the UK the 5 year qualifying period will be reset to zero.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

np_7777
Newly Registered
India

Post by np_7777 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:48 am

So what happens in this scenario :-

1. I come in 2019, complete 5 years in 2024 and get ILR
2. My dependents don't spent 180 days in 2019, but start spending > 180 days from 2020 onwards. So in 2024, they are not eligible for ILR and the 5 years 4 months visa period also gets over. So they get any other extension based on my ILR to stay back OR they have no option but to leave the country.